CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Really, really add /usr/local/bin to the PATH variable on macOS

Really, really add /usr/local/bin to the PATH variable on macOS.
In newer macOS custom executables belong in a directory which is not included in the default PATH variable. How to change the default PATH variable.

https://dani.gg/467-add-usr-local-bin-to-the-path-variable-on-mac-os/

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our automated news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

AstonJ
If you’ve been looking for a guide on how to a clean macOS install then you’re in luck! I used to do them religiously every major release...
New
First poster: bot
Apple Silicon M1: A Developer’s Perspective. The excitement around Apple’s new M1 chip is everywhere. I bought a MacBook Air 16GB M1 to ...
New
First poster: bot
The Mac has always been very different from its close relative, iOS, especially when it comes to what a user is or is not allowed to run ...
New
First poster: bot
Yesterday, a short Twitter thread by the excellent Jeff Johnson caught my eye. Since he often deletes past tweets, I’ll quote the relevan...
New
First poster: bot
Hardware Security and Biometrics System Security Encryption and Data Protection App Security Services Security Network Sec...
New
First poster: bot
Apple announced that it would be moving from Intel processors to Arm-based Apple Silicon CPUs for Macs at WWDC 2020. The Apple Silicon-ba...
New
First poster: bot
I’ve been re-reading the Swift structured concurrency roadmap and the Swift actors proposal and noticed a note on the latter saying: “P...
New
First poster: bot
Apple’s leaders continue to deny developers of two obvious truths: That our apps provide substantial value to iOS beyond the purchase c...
New
CommunityNews
This article is about how I found a vulnerability on Apple forgot password endpoint that allowed me to takeover an iCloud account. The vu...
New
First poster: bot
The release of M1 Macs marked a turning point for the open-source operating system community on Apple hardware. Now, the whole hardware s...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New