pagan

pagan

AI video creator needed for a new MMORPG (unpaid)

I am seeking a talented video creator who can help create stunning cinematic movies for the upcoming browser MMORPG Orizaya: Sisters of the Stars.

Early gameplay:


ABOUT ME

OG product designer and software engineer who has worked in the San Francisco tech scene for the last 15 years.

Design portfolio: dribbble.com/bennyschmidt
GitHub: bennyschmidt (Benjamin) · GitHub

I have worked with brands such as Apple, Nike, DocuSign, Red Bull, and have contributed in open source to the likes of Brave, Odysee, Microsoft, Facebook (React), Mozilla, LlamaIndex, and more.


ABOUT THE PROJECT

Lore: https://www.youtube.com/@orizaya/posts
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/@orizaya/videos

Orizaya is an ambitious browser-based MMORPG set in a fictional, magical world in the Pleiades star system. The overall look/feel is that of a AAA themepark MMO (Final Fantasy XIV, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2) with WASD and mouse controls, animation canceling, low poly style, persistent world, raid & dungeon finders, and a battlegrounds queue with structured PvP across 3 different maps.

Though I have worked professionally on social games in my early career at companies like Facebook, FlipTrack, and Francis Ford Coppola Presents, and have released 2 offline RPGs on the App Store as a solo dev (Meteora and Blighted Souls, respectively), Orizaya is my first attempt at a highly ambitious MMO game that I’d like to involve other creators with.

The game is playable today, though there is still a lot to be done. Because it runs in a browser, I created a custom engine in Three.js (react-three-fiber) and am building pretty much everything in both the client and server from scratch, down to the physics. I’ve even created a bespoke Level Editing software to assist in building the world.

A lot of the lore is written or planned, and I’m able to accomplish a lot of the music, sound effects, and 2D/3D art myself through open source (Pixabay, Sketchfab) and modern AI tooling (Tripo, Vidu).

One area I am falling short, however, is video content. Take a look at some of the videos I’ve posted to the YouTube channel (it’s early, low risk): https://www.youtube.com/@orizaya/videos

I’d like someone to take over this role of video content creation and do it a lot better than I can. I’d love to move away from this “AI look” and have awe-inspiring, jaw-dropping cinematics like those you’d expect from a AAA title. I don’t care whether or not this person uses AI in their work - I may even slightly encourage it. But I am open to other styles (e.g. the way Guild Wars 2 does storytelling with imagery).

The aesthetic of Orizaya is “Victorian Spacepunk” - a mix between high fantasy / Victorian steampunk like you’d find in Final Fantasy or ArcheAge and dark sci-fi that you’d find in films like Dune.


ABOUT THE JOB

This is an unpaid, volunteer-only role. You will be credited on the title screen on orizaya.com for as long as the art is in use (and for a minimum of 4 years, even if I only use it for 1 day).

Work that I admire:

“Neural Tissue” by Gossip.Goblin - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-AusRkHFxfM
“Arthas - No Turning Back” by Avaren - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p0bLXaG49U

If you’re interested in producing some videos, please send me an email to support@orizaya.com with a little bit about you and a link to your work - thank you!

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

AstonJ
Watching any? Any favourites? :upside_down_face:
New
Eiji
Today, I tried to find some information and few times I not only got completely wrong answers, but even fake GitHub links … Every time I ...
#ai
New
AstonJ
Tucker: You’ve had complaints from one programmer who said you steal people’s stuff without paying them and he winded up being murdered.
New
Eiji
Yesterday a very interesting to discuss situation have happen. While StackOverflow still suffer a lot, because of chat bots, but yesterda...
New
xiji2646-netizen
I’ve been following Seedance 2.0 since ByteDance dropped it in February, and after a few weeks of testing through third-party APIs, I wan...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Google just dropped a significant Deep Research upgrade: collaborative planning, multi-tool orchestration (MCP servers, Code Execution, F...
New
xiji2646-netizen
DeepSeek just released V4 and the pricing is hard to ignore. V4-Flash: $0.28/M output tokens. V4-Pro: $2.19/M. Both with 1M token contex...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Alibaba just opened public API access for HappyHorse 1.0, the model currently ranked #1 on Video Arena’s blind tests. What caught my att...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Been using Claude Code on Max for a few weeks and kept running into rate limits by early afternoon. Same tasks as colleagues who weren’t ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Claude Code, Markdown, and the Case for HTML Artifacts I do not think Markdown is going away. It is still the right format for README f...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New