xiji2646-netizen

xiji2646-netizen

DeepSeek V4 is live in preview — should your team switch?

DeepSeek officially launched deepseek-v4-flash and deepseek-v4-pro in preview on April 24, 2026. The legacy routes (deepseek-chat, deepseek-reasoner) are deprecated July 24, 2026.

I’ve been thinking through how to actually structure a routing decision around this, and wanted to share a few observations:

The key trade-off is not “DeepSeek vs Claude/GPT” — it’s “which tier for which workload.”

Flash at $0.14/$0.28 per 1M tokens is a serious candidate for coding agents, repo analysis, and long-context summarization. Pro at $1.74/$3.48 sits between Flash and the premium tier.

The question I’d be asking: what percentage of your current workloads could Flash handle without quality regression? For many teams doing code gen and repo reading, the answer might be 60-80%. That’s a meaningful cost change.

The caveat: V4 is preview. Reuters used that word explicitly. Run your own eval set before committing to routing changes, and keep rollback paths to your existing premium routes.


Has anyone already run Flash or Pro against production workloads? Curious what failure modes you’ve seen, if any. The tool-call reliability question is the one I’m most uncertain about.

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

AstonJ
Loads of news stories about DeepSeek here in the last few days, no surprise as it’s been making headlines across the world! Currently a h...
New
AstonJ
I have a feeling we’re going to see a lot of threads about DeepSeek, so have put up a portal for it :003:
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Just went through the Anthropic migration guide for Opus 4.7 and there are more gotchas than the announcement implied. Curious if others ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Google just dropped a significant Deep Research upgrade: collaborative planning, multi-tool orchestration (MCP servers, Code Execution, F...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Been using the skills repo (77K stars, #1 on GitHub Trending recently) with Claude Code. Sharing what worked and what did not. What work...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Cursor cloud agent development This month’s updates: Codex got real Windows sandboxing (May 13) ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Codex mobile in the ChatGPT app https://techcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/05/App-view.png?resize=1200,675) Codex shipped a batch o...
New
LatentLogic
I recently integrated Seedance 2.5 into one of my own projects. The basic API flow is simple: create a task, get the task ID, and poll un...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New