CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Costa Rica Has Run on 100% Renewable Electricity for 299 Days

Costa Rica is pioneering the future of running on renewable energy and may be the model for future countries to follow suit.

In the last four years, Costa Rica has generated 98.53% of its electricity from renewable sources.

How? With its unique geography, forward thinking solutions, and commitment to sustainability, Costa Rica has used its rivers, volcanoes, wind, and solar power to generate its country’s power.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

rustkas

rustkas

Hurry, these green technologies would take over the world! :100:
Maybe country were I am now would become a better place to live (instead of having to resolve issues and come up with schemes for moving to other countries).

rustkas

rustkas

A lot of.
I will share those closest to me and the places where I live.

Ecology
Of course, there are many environmental issues. Unfortunately, the people among whom I live do not have the opportunity to take care of their health and the worlds around them. Nothing can be done alone. There is a stream flowing not far from my house, and industrial enterprises constantly dump waste into it, which then falls into the Baltic Sea. The next one is traffic jams.
Traffic jams … People sit in cars for hours to travel several kilometers. Next of is a garbage.
Garbage in the streets. People litter the streets. This makes me sad.

There is (in Kaliningrad) on TV and outdoors. I promote a healthy lifestyle.

By my example, I show you how to practice Nordic walking. I give master classes to everyone for free.

Education
I have created educational startups in Russia and Germany. First one is “Languages with music”.

Our team put English and Russian on rhythm so that students learn to speak with the correct rhythm.

Unfortunately (for reasons beyond the control of the idea and implementation) the projects could not be revealed. I take into account the shortcomings of previous attempts, now I am working on the third. I will create it in Estonia (as an e-Resident). I want to raise the general level of education, study learning problems, research results of cognitive psychologists and I want to create something of value for the world community.

It so happened that Poland, the Polish language, culture are my love. I like to speak Polish, read, watch movies. Of course, I would like to live in Poland. I would also like to buy an autohome and travel around the EU countries. I have many friends in Poland, Hungary, Germany, Denmark, UK and USA. I study foreign languages ​​and try to use them, expanding my horizons of knowledge.

AstonJ

AstonJ

This is awesome news!

I have actually thought about getting a ‘Rentista’ in Costa Rica for a couple of years - just for a change of scenery… and the weather! :joy:

Where Next?

Popular Science Tech topics Top

First poster: bot
THIS MONTH we learned that Tesla, a $400 billion public company run by one of the richest people in the world, has done away with its med...
New
First poster: bot
Plus: Microsoft details Russia’s Ukraine hacking campaign, Meta’s election integrity efforts dwindle, and more.
New
First poster: bot
Submarines are valued primarily for their ability to hide. The assurance that submarines would likely survive the first missile strike in...
New
First poster: bot
On 29 September 2020, a masked man entered a branch of the Wells Fargo bank in Washington, D.C., and handed the teller a note: “This is a...
New
CommunityNews
Tech companies have laid off more than 400,000 people in the last two years. Competition for the jobs that remain is getting more and mor...
New
CommunityNews
Amazon, Discord, Duolingo, and Google all started 2024 with layoffs. But the tech job market isn’t facing the same trouble it did last ye...
New
CommunityNews
A closed-door presentation for House lawmakers late last year portrayed American anti-war protesters as having possible ties to Hamas in ...
New
CommunityNews
An army of more than 60,000 unpaid moderators has unprecedented power over Reddit. The company’s future hinges on whether they can coexis...
New
New
CommunityNews
A chatbot designed to avoid anthropomorphism offers a compelling glimpse into the future of human-to-AI relationships.
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New