CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Chris Lattner: The Future of Computing and Programming Languages [audio]

#131 - Chris Lattner: The Future of Computing and Programming Languages | Lex Fridman Podcast.
Chris Lattner is a world-class software & hardware engineer, leading projects at Apple, Tesla, Google, and SiFive.

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our automated news source trackers.

First Post!

AstonJ

AstonJ

The section on ‘Why programming language design even matters’ is really interesting (skip to it here).

I think anyone who is a language geek will love this interview with Chris Lattner (creator of LLVM and Swift) :nerd_face:

Where Next?

Popular Ios topics Top

First poster: bot
Cisco IOS Scripting with TCL Configuration Guide, Cisco IOS XE Amsterdam 17.x - Cisco IOS XE Scripting with Tcl [Cisco IOS XE Amsterdam...
New
First poster: bot
swift-evolution/0366-move-function.md at main · apple/swift-evolution. This maintains proposals for changes and user-visible enhancement...
New
First poster: bot
Implementing Parts of the Swift Compiler in Swift. Hi all, In the past few years, some components of the Swift compiler have started be...
New
First poster: bot
Core ML performance benchmark, 2022 edition | PhotoRoom Tech Blog. Today is new-iPhone day! At PhotoRoom, this means today is CoreML-ben...
New
First poster: bot
Swift was always going to be part of the OS. Someone complained that putting Swift in the OS has only made things worse for developers. ...
New
CommunityNews
But last year, Apple couldn’t stop talking about Apple Intelligence.
New
CommunityNews
Apple today debuted the all-new iPhone Air, the thinnest iPhone ever made, with pro performance.
New
CommunityNews
This past year, Apple overhauled its design language across all of its major software platforms with the introduction of Liquid…
New
CommunityNews
TL;DR: My iPhone 16 Pro Max produces garbage output when running MLX LLMs. An iPhone 15 Pro runs the same code perfectly. A MacBook Pro ...
New
CommunityNews
Open Hacker News on any iPhone keynote day and, without fail, you’ll see the same comments. Today with the launch of iPhone Duo, things w...
New

Other popular topics Top

DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New