CommunityNews

CommunityNews

My iPhone 8 Refuses to Die: Now It's a Solar-Powered Vision OCR Server

How I transformed my old iPhone 8 into a solar-powered Vision OCR server using Apple’s native framework and an EcoFlow River 2 Pro. Running 24/7 for months, processing thousands of images while completely off-grid.

Read in full here:

Where Next?

Popular Ios topics Top

First poster: bot
Extracting WhatsApp messages from an iOS backup - Yasoob Khalid. Hi everyone! :wave: I was recently exploring how to get a local backup ...
New
CommunityNews
In 2025, playing your own music on an iPhone is surprisingly hard, unless you pay Apple or navigate a maze of limitations. So I built my ...
New
CommunityNews
I recently inherited my parents’ old iPad 2. It had iOS 9 on it and was barely usable, in part due to how slow it was but mostly because ...
New
CommunityNews
But last year, Apple couldn’t stop talking about Apple Intelligence.
New
CommunityNews
To be honest, we were holding our breath for the iPhone Air. Thinner usually means flimsier, harder to fix, and more glued-down parts. Bu...
New
CommunityNews
‎RidePods – The World’s First Earbuds-Controlled Motorcycle Racing Game RidePods brings a brand-new way to experience motorcycle racing....
New
CommunityNews
This past year, Apple overhauled its design language across all of its major software platforms with the introduction of Liquid…
New
CommunityNews
TL;DR: My iPhone 16 Pro Max produces garbage output when running MLX LLMs. An iPhone 15 Pro runs the same code perfectly. A MacBook Pro ...
New
CommunityNews
TrueType is a widely used vector font standard for rendering text in web pages, PDFs, operating systems, and applications. Familiar fonts...
New
CommunityNews
MightyDash started with a simple frustration: private dashcam apps were hard to use, and polished ones wanted too much data. I wanted to ...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New