CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Async/Await and the Future of Combine

Swift 5.5 is here with Xcode 13 Beta and with it comes my favorite new addition to Swift: Async/Await.

Async/await is a high level, structured model for concurrency in Swift that allows you to write expressive async code in shockingly little ceremony.

A code sample is probably best for this, so consider this example where we want to fetch an image showing the current weather conditions for the user’s location.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

First poster: bot
Really, really add /usr/local/bin to the PATH variable on macOS. In newer macOS custom executables belong in a directory which is not in...
New
First poster: bot
TLDR: Render Disney’s Moana scene in less than 10.000 lines of Swift code. After Walt Disney Animation Studios released the scene descri...
New
First poster: bot
Library Extension helps you find library books, but it doesn’t work on Safari—yet. At WWDC 2020, Apple announced it was going to support...
New
First poster: bot
1 Background 1.1 Swift TLDR 1.2 What Is ABI Stability and Dynamic Linking 1.3 Swift’s Stable ABI 1.4 Resilience and Library Evolution ...
New
First poster: bot
Goals Performance equivalent to C arrays for subscript get/set of non-class element types is the most important performance goal. It sho...
New
Cellane
In the recent forum thread about shells people use, I got asked to elaborate a bit about the shell configuration I’ve been using for the ...
New
First poster: bot
Apple’s leaders continue to deny developers of two obvious truths: That our apps provide substantial value to iOS beyond the purchase c...
New
First poster: OvermindDL1
Meet Safari 15: redesigned and ready to help people explore the web. Discover how you can approach designing websites and apps for Safari...
New
First poster: bot
I’m a bit of a sustainability nerd. I love the idea of living a life where your carbon footprint is neutral (or negative) and you leave t...
New
First poster: bot
macOS has a wonderful input mechanism where you press and hold a key on your keyboard to display the accent menu. It’s easy to internaliz...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New