AstonJ
How to do a clean macOS install – without Migration Assistant!
If you’ve been looking for a guide on how to a clean macOS install then you’re in luck! I used to do them religiously every major release but they got increasingly difficult (as well as Apple’s migration assistant getting better). However I had some issues with their migration assistant last time so polished up this guide - as far as I know there aren’t many (if any) other guides out there that let you do a complete wipe and reinstall of the OS like this…
Link: https://astonj.com/clean-macos-install-without-migration-assistant
Popular Macos topics
Why is Apple’s M1 Chip So Fast.
Real world experience with the new M1 Macs have started ticking in. They are fast. Real fast. But why? W...
New
Really, really add /usr/local/bin to the PATH variable on macOS.
In newer macOS custom executables belong in a directory which is not in...
New
Mark Zuckerberg Reportedly Told Staff Facebook Needs to 'Inflict Pain' on Apple Over Privacy Dispute
While for the most part, the war of words between the tech titans has remained professional, Mark Zuckerberg and Tim Cook have also share...
New
1 Background
1.1 Swift TLDR
1.2 What Is ABI Stability and Dynamic Linking
1.3 Swift’s Stable ABI
1.4 Resilience and Library Evolution
...
New
Malicious hackers have been exploiting a vulnerability in fully updated versions of macOS that allowed them to take screenshots on infect...
New
In the recent forum thread about shells people use, I got asked to elaborate a bit about the shell configuration I’ve been using for the ...
New
The story of Apple CEO Steve Jobs is one of the most familiar in American business — shaggy Bob-Dylan-loving kid starts a computer compan...
New
Safari isn’t protecting the web, it’s killing it.
There’s been a lot of discussion recently about how “Safari is the new IE” (1, 2, 3, 4...
New
The release of M1 Macs marked a turning point for the open-source operating system community on Apple hardware. Now, the whole hardware s...
New
I recently received a tantalizing email from a reader I’ve never met: Sam Henri-Gold.
Sam showed me how you can key in a couple write co...
New
Other popular topics
Hello Devtalk World!
Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
Hi folks,
I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc
Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
New
Big O Notation can make your code faster by orders of magnitude. Get the hands-on info you need to master data structures and algorithms ...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /deepseek
- /ash
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /nodejs
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









