CommunityNews
Why we chose Typescript for the Hasura Console
At Hasura, we wanted to introduce a statically typed frontend language for quite some time now. We discussed which one we should choose and evaluated options such as PureScript, TypeScript, ReasonML, and Elm. Following aspects were most crucial to us:
- Hasura Console is a pretty large codebase for a small team, so we can’t rewrite it all to the new language. We need something that works well with the existing JavaScript code. A language that we can inject into our codebase and gradually migrate.
- We use React extensively. Thus we need something that goes with React well and improves React components development.
- We want to enhance developer experience for the external contributors and us. By adopting a statically typed programming language, we aim to make things easier, and the development process way faster. We don’t want to introduce high adoption cost nor force developers to learn a new and completely different language.
After all of the discussions, we decided to choose TypeScript. In this article, I’m going to tell you how we made the decision and why we wanted a statically typed language in the first place. I will also walk you through all of the four languages by a brief overview of each of them.
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Frontend topics
New
New
Wasmino = WASM + Arduino (Running Arduino code in browser).
Wasmino Running the “Fade” example Wasmino is an Arduino core fully compatib...
New
WebAssembly (Wasm) has many applications in the cloud-native world today – WASI, edge cloud computing, Proxy-Wasm, and cloud-native runti...
New
I had an “oh, duh, of course” moment a few weeks ago that I wanted to share: is WebAssembly the next Kubernetes?
New
An Introduction to Deno: Is It Better than Node.js? | AppSignal Blog.
Learn about the key features of Deno, how it outperforms Node.js, ...
New
Full Stack Dart .
Chris Swan discusses using a stack of Dart, where Flutter developers can use the same language to build the services b...
New
GitHub - Qovery/Replibyte: Seed your development database with real data :zap:.
Seed your development database with real data :zap:. Con...
New
Typescipt is terrible for library developers.
We spend a disproportionate amount of time on types
New
Introducing Ezno.
Introducing Ezno and the current state of the project.
New
Other popular topics
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser.
...
New
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one:
I got 51/100:
Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code.
...
New
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









