CommunityNews
All branches will diverge from the stem: from Elm to Derw
All branches will diverge from the stem: from Elm to Derw.
Forgive the fancy title, but I felt it fit this month’s Derw improvements well. Originally, Derw was intended to be an Elm with better support for TypeScript. As more TypeScript support is added, Derw deviates further from Elm. To write good, modern TypeScript code, you need to be able to handle async/await properly. No callback hell. To do so in an Elm-like language, the obvious path to follow was do-notation from other ML languages. So, do-notation was added to Derw.
Read in full here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Frontend topics
New
At Hasura, we wanted to introduce a statically typed frontend language for quite some time now. We discussed which one we should choose a...
New
This is going to come across as a rant, so I’ll do my best to refrain from blaming any one project or source and just make a generalized ...
New
3 TypeScript Tricks I wish I knew when I learned TypeScript.
TypeScript is a big Superset of JavaScript which has many features which mi...
New
Assertion Functions in TypeScript.
TypeScript 3.7 implemented support for assertion functions in the type system. An assertion function ...
New
See them here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
New
Starting a blank Jekyll site with Tailwind CSS in 2022.
Most websites I build start off as a blank Jekyll site with Tailwind CSS on top.
New
The State of WebAssembly 2022.
WebAssembly has gone through quite a transformation this last year, while the wasm language landscape is ...
New
Learning HTML to build your website, fanzine, or personal site.
New
Minimal CSS Framework
for Semantic HTML
A minimalist and lightweight starter kit that prioritizes semantic syntax, making every HTML ele...
New
Other popular topics
Algorithms and data structures are much more than abstract concepts. Mastering them enables you to write code that runs faster and more e...
New
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code.
...
New
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices.
Neil Smyth
MySQL...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









