jlangson

jlangson

Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition - reitit error in chapter 2 (page 43)

Hello,

I’ve been following along with the book and I am having an issue with “reitit” in Chapter 2. I downloaded the source code included with the book and diffed it to what I had typed. I can’t figure out what I am doing wrong.

As far as I can tell my project.clj and core.clj are the same as the book’s.

The error message is

Syntax error (FileNotFoundException) compiling at (ring_app/core.clj:1:1).
Could not locate reitit/ring/as__init.class, reitit/ring/as.clj or reitit/ring/as.cljc on classpath.

my code is here GitHub - jlangson/ring-app-demo

I am currently at commit 820154c337e2fbc988840bc895353c92f0a3636b

My suggestion is to add clarification to help avoid whatever is causing my error.

@Dmitri and @svmbrown (author tags added by @Margaret)

First Post!

Dmitri

Dmitri

Author of Web Development with Clojure

Hi, it looks like that might be an artifact of how you’re starting the app. It might be that the project wasn’t imported into intellij as a Leiningen project. Try reimporting it using File->New->From Existing Sources and make sure you select Leiningen in the menu.

If you start the app in the github repo using lein run from the terminal, you should see something like the following:

2021-04-15 12:29:30.111:INFO::main: Logging initialized @2866ms to org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.StdErrLog
2021-04-15 12:29:30.583:INFO:oejs.Server:main: jetty-9.4.31.v20200723; built: 2020-07-23T17:57:36.812Z; git: 450ba27947e13e66baa8cd1ce7e85a4461cacc1d; jvm 12.0.1+12
2021-04-15 12:29:30.638:INFO:oejs.AbstractConnector:main: Started ServerConnector@2ca132ad{HTTP/1.1, (http/1.1)}{0.0.0.0:3000}
2021-04-15 12:29:30.638:INFO:oejs.Server:main: Started @3393ms

and you’ll be able to navigate to localhost:3000 in the browser. So, the project itself looks like it’s working.

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

New
Mmm
Hi, build fails on: bracket-lib = “~0.8.1” when running on Mac Mini M1 Rust version 1.5.0: Compiling winit v0.22.2 error[E0308]: mi...
New
JohnS
I can’t setup the Rails source code. This happens in a working directory containing multiple (postgres) Rails apps. With: ruby-3.0.0 s...
New
jeremyhuiskamp
Title: Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition, vB17.0 (p9) The create table guestbook syntax suggested doesn’t seem to be accepted ...
New
Charles
In general, the book isn’t yet updated for Phoenix version 1.6. On page 18 of the book, the authors indicate that an auto generated of ro...
New
New
oaklandgit
Hi, I completed chapter 6 but am getting the following error when running: thread 'main' panicked at 'Failed to load texture: IoError(O...
New
tkhobbes
After some hassle, I was able to finally run bin/setup, now I have started the rails server but I get this error message right when I vis...
New
Keton
When running the program in chapter 8, “Implementing Combat”, the printout Health before attack was never printed so I assumed something ...
New
mcpierce
@mfazio23 I’ve applied the changes from Chapter 5 of the book and everything builds correctly and runs. But, when I try to start a game,...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New

Sub Categories: