CommunityNews

CommunityNews

We rewrote a high-performance database in Rust

Rewriting a high performance vector database in Rust | Pinecone.
Rewriting a high performance vector database in Rust

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

First poster: bot
This blog post walks you through how to implement a time-series database engine based on what I’ve learned from my experience of writing ...
New
First poster: bot
Kawa is a general-purpose programming language that runs on the Java platform. It aims to combine: the benefits of dynamic scripting la...
New
First poster: OvermindDL1
What we can learn from “_why” the long lost open source developer… Code might not last forever, but _why proves you can have an impact t...
New
First poster: bot
GitHub - nanobowers/py2cr: Python3 to Crystal Translation using Python AST Walker. Python3 to Crystal Translation using Python AST Walke...
New
First poster: mafinar
8 Reasons why Clojure is a better Java than Java. Clojure is better than Java at its own game. Using code examples, we dive into what ma...
New
First poster: adamaiken89
PHP: Frankenstein arrays. PHP has become quite a nice language, but there are some ugly legacies left from the past. Like the deceptive ...
New
First poster: bot
I am often fascinated by old tech. While I do not have the experience nor the expertise on the subject, in the last months, some very sp...
New
CommunityNews
C++ Cheat Sheets & Infographics. Graphics and cheat sheets, each capturing one aspect of C++: algorithms/containers/STL, language ba...
New
First poster: bot
GitHub - WhatsApp/waraft: An Erlang implementation of RAFT from WhatsApp. An Erlang implementation of RAFT from WhatsApp. Contribute to ...
New
First poster: bot
Introducing Trilogy: a new database adapter for Ruby on Rails | The GitHub Blog. We’ve open sourced Trilogy, the database adapter we use...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New