CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Kina Knowledge, using Common Lisp extensively in their document processing stack

Lisp Interview: questions to Alex Nygren of Kina Knowledge, using Common Lisp extensively in their document processing stack - Lisp journey.
Recently, the awesome-lisp-companies list was posted on HN, more people got to know it (look, this list is fan-cooked and we add companies when we learn about one, often by chance, don’t assume it’s anything “official” or exhaustive), and Alex Nygren informed us that his company Kina Knowledge uses Common Lisp in production: We use Common Lisp extensively in our document processing software core for classification, extraction and other aspects of our service delivery and technology stack.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

New
First poster: bot
There is a long, difficult road from vague, pie-in-the-sky ideas about what would be cool to have in a new programming language, to a rob...
New
First poster: bot
As I continue to work on Cyberscore, I keep finding new quirks / features in PHP and MySQL. All of the tests below are being run on mysql...
New
First poster: OvermindDL1
This comes up in my conversations surprisingly often so I thought it’s worth to write my thoughts down instead of repeating them again an...
New
First poster: bot
Why Lisp? A lot of people ask us the question, why do we choose to use Common Lisp as our primary development language? Often times the q...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Ruby vs Python comes down to the for loop. Contrasting how each language handles iteration helps understand how to work effectively in e...
New
First poster: OvermindDL1
GitHub - deadpixi/wasm-maze-generator: A simple WASM maze generator in Go. A simple WASM maze generator in Go. Contribute to deadpixi/wa...
New
First poster: bot
Disclaimer: I work at Uber and am partially responsible for bringing zig cc to serious internal use. Opinions are mine, this blog post is...
New
First poster: bot
GitHub - nim-works/nimskull: An in development statically typed systems programming language; with sustainability at its core. We, the co...
New
First poster: bot
Introducing Trilogy: a new database adapter for Ruby on Rails | The GitHub Blog. We’ve open sourced Trilogy, the database adapter we use...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
New
NewsBot
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released. Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New