OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Virtual Desktops (such as xrdesktop)

Honestly, what I want now is a standing desk, and a room-scale VR setup, don’t need monitors, just keyboard in reality and so forth, have my monitors in VR, as well as whatever else I want to get things done. Other things like some exercise equipment would be nice as well.

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

Some cool videos here:

Here’s the release vid:

Let’s move these posts into a dedicated thread :nerd_face:

AstonJ

AstonJ

That actually sounds really cool ODL!

Wonder if we need a thread for ‘Developer workstations of the future’ :nerd_face:

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Lol, thanks to my wife’s want of a VR setup now I’ve done a lot of research. There’s a WM in development for linux that has everything disjoint and floating, like you can put programs around positioned however you want in 3D space, can setup rooms to go between, all kinds of other features currently made and a lot lot more planned, it’s looking fascinating, and nothing shoehorned in from the 2D interface since wayland is already dimensionally agnostic. ^.^

Where Next?

Popular Cross Platform topics Top

OvermindDL1
VR, especially home VR via HMD’s has had a resurgance in the past 5-10 years, from being used for gaming with popular games like Beat Sab...
#vr
New
OvermindDL1
Honestly, what I want now is a standing desk, and a room-scale VR setup, don’t need monitors, just keyboard in reality and so forth, have...
New
bot
Redox is a Unix-like Operating System written in Rust, aiming to bring the innovations of Rust to a modern microkernel and full set of a...
New
New
First poster: bot
Swift Concurrency Roadmap. A PR with this document can be found here Swift Concurrency Roadmap Our goal is to make concurrent programm...
New
malloryerik
Huh, this is interesting. Actually I’m especially interested by Revery as an Electron alternative. How is it coming along?
New
Exadra37
Interface from Flutter to Rust without writing complex and error prone FFI boilerplate. Author your application logic in Rust to benef...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New