malloryerik

malloryerik

Revery - an Electron alternative

Huh, this is interesting. Actually I’m especially interested by Revery as an Electron alternative. How is it coming along?

Most Liked

bryphe

bryphe

Creator of Onivim

Thanks @AstonJ for setting up the portal! Glad there is some interest in Revery :smiley:

How is it coming along?

Progress is slow and steady - most of the improvements are driven by Onivim at this time, since it’s the only consumer, and there isn’t really funding for Revery outside of that.

I think there is a lot of potential in the space though - a UI framework that has React principles, but compiles to native code, for native apps.

Interesting—other than onivim are any other apps using it?

AFAIK - Onivim is the only shipping app that uses Revery. Some cool toy apps, like this drum machine Ken Wheeler built for a ReasonConf talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdI10qe06Is (demo is about 25 mins in: https://youtu.be/fdI10qe06Is?t=1494) .

AstonJ

AstonJ

Good question @malloryerik! I hope you don’t mind but I split your post into a dedicated thread… I also created our portal for Revery:

Also, CC’ing @bryphe in case he misses this :blush:

Carter

Carter

Ken’s drum machine is v.impressive! I wish Revery all the success.

After watching that vid youtube recommended this

What was it like meeting Bill Gates? Could you get him to invest in Revery/Onivim :dollar:

Where Next?

Popular Cross Platform topics Top

OvermindDL1
VR, especially home VR via HMD’s has had a resurgance in the past 5-10 years, from being used for gaming with popular games like Beat Sab...
#vr
New
OvermindDL1
Honestly, what I want now is a standing desk, and a room-scale VR setup, don’t need monitors, just keyboard in reality and so forth, have...
New
bot
Redox is a Unix-like Operating System written in Rust, aiming to bring the innovations of Rust to a modern microkernel and full set of a...
New
New
First poster: bot
Swift Concurrency Roadmap. A PR with this document can be found here Swift Concurrency Roadmap Our goal is to make concurrent programm...
New
malloryerik
Huh, this is interesting. Actually I’m especially interested by Revery as an Electron alternative. How is it coming along?
New
Exadra37
Interface from Flutter to Rust without writing complex and error prone FFI boilerplate. Author your application logic in Rust to benef...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New