brainlid
ThinkingElixir 095 - Rustler Precompiled with Philip Sampaio
In episode 95 of Thinking Elixir, we talk with Philip Sampaio to understand the Rustler Precompiled project he created and what problem it helps solve. The project helps lower the bar for using Rust libraries for NIFs in Elixir making it possible to see more libraries using Rustler in the future. He explains what prompted the work initially and how projects can benefit from it. We discuss what it means for internal company projects and especially for libraries. He explains how the project addresses the many architecture and platform combinations too. We end with learning about his sample CI project that shows us how to set up our own CI systems to use it.
Popular Backend topics
Rust vs Go — Bitfield Consulting.
Which is better, Rust or Go? Which language should you choose for your next project, and why? How do t...
New
Ten years without Elixir.
I never got into Elixir, largely because it looked like Ruby. I was a Rubyist for a good while, spent time and...
New
Just finished doing a clean install of macOS (which I highly recommend btw!) and have updated my macOS Ruby & Elixir/Erlang dev env s...
New
Django 3.2 is just around the corner and it’s packed with new features. Django versions are usually not that exciting (it’s a good thing!...
New
I’ve spent the last year building keyboards, which has included writing firmware for a variety custom circuit boards.
I initially wrote ...
New
I discovered Elixir and Go at about the same time (2019). I had pivoted almost eight years of working as a Java developer, and part of me...
New
Functional programming is an increasing popular programming paradigm with many languages building or already supporting it. Go already su...
New
Charles Max Wood takes the lead this week. He and Adi Iyengar discuss what Top End Devs are and what people should be doing to become Top...
New
In building lofi.limo, media storage and distribution naturally came up. I have songs, announcements, and background image loops which I ...
New
Episode 264 of Thinking Elixir. News includes Phoenix v1.8 shipping with an AGENTS markdown file for new apps to enhance coding agent exp...
New
Other popular topics
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
New
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework.
Brian Okken @brianokken
Edited by Kat...
New
Hi folks,
I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc
Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one:
I got 51/100:
Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic.
Sam Ruby @rubys
...
New
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /laravel









