CommunityNews

CommunityNews

The Importance of Learning CSS

As JavaScript developers, the sheer amount of stuff we’re expected to know is enormous, and it grows bigger every day.

With so many different languages, tools, and technologies competing for our time and attention, it can be tough to figure out what to prioritize. Should we get better at TypeScript? Maybe pick up Svelte? Will we even be writing JS in the future, or is this “WebAssembly” thing for real?

In my opinion, if we really want to maximize the return on our investment, one of the best things we can focus on is CSS…

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

dyowee

dyowee

It seems that it is a must for devs that work for small companies and have no choice but to work both in the front and back-end of applications.

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

AstonJ
This is a really good article explaining what WebAssembly is and how to get started with it - well worth a read! Pinning it for our /was...
New
First poster: bot
Why I Love Tailwind. Why Tailwind is blowing up, why I (the creator of styled-components) love it and how I avoid the downsides of atomi...
New
First poster: bot
Ashley Williams Discusses the Future of WebAssembly at the WebAssembly Summit . Williams commented on the results of a Twitter poll sh...
New
First poster: bot
As crappy as 2020 was, JavaScript as a whole still managed to somehow move forward. As the language itself keeps improving thanks to new ...
/js
New
First poster: bot
The TypeScript type system is immensely powerful, and while the language itself is, of course, Turing complete, so is the type system its...
New
First poster: bot
The Tower of Hanoi is a classic mathematical puzzle that is often used as an introduction to recursion. We can express a solution to this...
New
First poster: bot
JavaScript has come a long way since I knew it as the “D” in DHTML. For anyone like me, who’s been reluctant to use the latest syntax tha...
/js
New
First poster: bot
View in full here: https://kryogenix.org/code/browser/everyonehasjs.html This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our ne...
/js
New
First poster: bot
For every day of advent I am building a new UI Component. The theme? You guessed it ― Christmas. :christmas_tree:
New
First poster: bot
I first got into web design/development in the late 90s, and only as I type this sentence do I realize how long ago that was. And boy, i...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New