CommunityNews
Prolog Heritage
Prolog is a programming language born on Marseille’s Luminy campus, resulting from the research of Professor Alain Colmerauer and his team.
The Japanese project on Fifth Generation Computing has given it an international renown over the past quarter-century.
From Prolog I to Prolog IV, the languages created by the University’s Groupe d’Intelligence Artificielle and then developped by the PrologIA company were all pioneering milestones. They heralded the birth of logic programming and constraint programming.
Read in full here:
http://prolog-heritage.org/en/ph1.html
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Backend topics
A short history of ReScript (BuckleScript).
It takes time to write such a post for a non-native speaker like me, but I appreciate what t...
New
Zig Roadmap 2021.
From Zig SHOWTIME #21Subscribe to the Zig SHOWTIME Newsletter!https://zig.show0:00 Intro then Language Spec w/ Martin ...
New
A conversation with Laurent Mazare about how your choice of programming language interacts with the kind of work you do, and in particula...
New
Kawa is a general-purpose programming language that runs on the Java platform. It aims to combine:
the benefits of dynamic scripting la...
New
Algebraic effects and handlers provide a modular abstraction for expressing effectful computation, allowing the programmer to separate th...
New
C++ Cheat Sheets & Infographics.
Graphics and cheat sheets, each capturing one aspect of C++: algorithms/containers/STL, language ba...
New
GitHub - clojure-rs/ClojureRS: Clojure, implemented atop Rust (unofficial).
Clojure, implemented atop Rust (unofficial). Contribute to c...
New
Ruffle is a Flash Player emulator written in Rust. Ruffle runs natively on all modern operating systems as a standalone application, and ...
New
The goal of this book is to help you get from a vague idea of what you need to implement (e.g.: “I need to build a website to manage sche...
New
Hi! I’m Ellen, but you probably know me as duckinator or puppy.
I really wish I didn’t have to write this, but I feel the Ruby community...
New
Other popular topics
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me.
I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
New
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic.
Sam Ruby @rubys
...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released.
Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









