CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Effective Concurrency with Algebraic Effects in Multicore OCaml

Algebraic effects and handlers provide a modular abstraction for expressing effectful computation, allowing the programmer to separate the expression of an effectful computation from its implementation. In this post, I will present an extension to OCaml for programming with linear algebraic effects, and demonstrate its use in expressing concurrency primitives for multicore OCaml. The design and implementation of algebraic effects for multicore OCaml is due to Leo White, Stephen Dolan and the multicore team at OCaml Labs.

Read in full here:

https://kcsrk.info/ocaml/multicore/2015/05/20/effects-multicore/

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

I’m excited for algebraic effects in multicore ocaml, lol.

Sadly its been a long-time coming though.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

First poster: bot
Zig Roadmap 2021. From Zig SHOWTIME #21Subscribe to the Zig SHOWTIME Newsletter!https://zig.show0:00 Intro then Language Spec w/ Martin ...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Pocketlang is a small (~3000 semicolons) and fast functional language written in C. It’s syntactically similar to Ruby and it can be lear...
New
First poster: bot
One of Haskell’s features that I really liked was list comprehensions, so I was very pleased to discover how nice Julia’s comprehensions ...
New
CommunityNews
What is 3110 about? You might think this course is about OCaml. It’s not. You might think this course is about data structures. It’s not...
New
First poster: OvermindDL1
What we can learn from “_why” the long lost open source developer… Code might not last forever, but _why proves you can have an impact t...
New
CommunityNews
This repository contains a collection of sample applications and libraries written in Zig programming language and using DirectX 12 API. ...
New
First poster: bot
Rubinius began as a metacircular implementation of Ruby and was billed as Ruby in Ruby. Today the core and much of the standard library, ...
New
First poster: faust
Ruffle is a Flash Player emulator written in Rust. Ruffle runs natively on all modern operating systems as a standalone application, and ...
New
First poster: herbert
Why Rust should not have provided unwrap. I see the unwrap function called a lot, especially in example code, quick-and-dirty prototype ...
New
First poster: bot
GitHub - pintariching/rustle: Svelte compiler rewritten in Rust. Svelte compiler rewritten in Rust. Contribute to pintariching/rustle de...
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New