CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Leaving the Apple ecosystem behind

TLDR;

I realised that my life while using Apple products is controlled by Product Managers/Owners who want to get a raise, rather than by technology people who share the same passion as me. And I wanted to change that.

Read in full here:

https://h2x.sh/apple/

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

First poster: bot
How Apple’s rivals plan to catch up with the mighty M1 chip. Apple Silicon is just getting started yet the initial reaction has been rap...
New
First poster: bot
We’ll guide you through the process of using Homebrew package manager to install security tools on macOS to exploit vulnerabilities found...
New
First poster: iPaul
Implementing Matrix Multiplication with WebGPU in Safari This is a quick overview of how to write a matrix multiplication for Safari leve...
New
First poster: bot
The Swift concurrency model intends to provide a safe programming model that statically detects data races and other common concurrency b...
New
First poster: bot
mathiasbynens/dotfiles. :wrench: .files, including ~/.macos — sensible hacker defaults for macOS - mathiasbynens/dotfiles This threa...
New
Cellane
In the recent forum thread about shells people use, I got asked to elaborate a bit about the shell configuration I’ve been using for the ...
New
First poster: bot
First Look: macOS Monterey Public Beta. If there’s a theme of Apple’s operating-system releases in 2021, it’s platform unification. This...
New
First poster: bot
Executive Summary TCC is meant to protect user data from unauthorized access, but weaknesses in its design mean that protections are eas...
New
First poster: bot
My journey from macOS to FreeBSD. Personal experience with moving away from Apple’s world.
New
First poster: bot
YouTuber strips old iMac of its components and turns it into a 5K monitor.
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New