CommunityNews
Inserting One Billion Rows in SQLite Under A Minute
Recently, I ran into a situation where I needed a test database with lots of rows and needed it fast. So I did what any programmer would do: wrote a Python script to generate the DB. Unfortunately, it was slow. Really slow. So I did what any programmer would do: went down the rabbit hole of learning more about SQLite, Python, and eventually Rust… in my quest to get a 1B row database under a minute. This blog post is a summary of this fun and educational exercise.
Read in full here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Backend topics
This article was written by @rvirding …over a decade ago! Posting here in case anyone else finds it of interest and adding it to our Erla...
New
It’s easy to view yourself as “not a real programmer.” There are programs out there that everyone uses, and it’s easy to put their develo...
New
The run-time speed and memory usage of programs written in Rust should about the same as of programs written in C, but overall programmin...
New
Being a part of the tech industry, it would be good to share thoughts on specific technologies.
Having surrounded by skilled and experie...
New
The perspective of an ignorant computer science undergrad
It’s likely that you read the title of this post and thought “what is this guy ...
New
Just a small test with lists in cython.
Considering echosystem, multithreading and ease of use, Julia is a clear winner here.
New
I describe how we use Hot Reloading with Webpack to develop faster and show how to integrate Webpack 5, webpack-dev-server, and Phoenix f...
New
There is a new community resource available on writing “Safe Ecto Migrations”. When we get a migration wrong, it can lock up your product...
New
Another week, another oldies-but-goldies post…
This one about Test Driven Development.
New
In episode 92 of Thinking Elixir, we talk with Mitchell Hanberg and learn about why he created the alternate Phoenix templating language ...
New
Other popular topics
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
Start building native Android apps the modern way in Kotlin with Jetpack's expansive set of tools, libraries, and best practices. Learn h...
New
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
If you’re getting errors like this:
psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework.
Miguel Gr...
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time.
...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /markdown









