mafinar

mafinar

Getting ready for Advent of Code 2022

We always have fun in this forum around this time of the year, discussing the days’ (or yesterdays’) challenges and talking through solutions. I have an hour or two to spare around midnight nowadays to spend some hammock time, so figured I’d do some Advent of Code warm-up before the event. Looking at Twitter with the hashtag, seems like I’m not alone in this.

Also, see y’all in 32 days on another thread. Can’t wait to learn stuff with you.

Just in case any of you fine folks want to join in this pre-advent-of-code-advent-of-code discussion, let’s do it!

Most Liked

Rainer

Rainer

Still remembering advent of code 2 years ago, it was fun :slight_smile:
Unfortunately, like last year, I’m super busy and won’t participate :frowning:

mafinar

mafinar

Now will go on solving 2015/14

Looks like a fairly easy problem for a day 14. But I wonder if I can assign a worker per racer and then plot the state into LiveBook and watch a simulation of the race :thinking:

mafinar

mafinar

I am using OTP liberally this time. Had real fun solving the wire problems and the bot problem of 2015/7 and 2016/10.

I know I shaved yaks. Also I know I love Elixir.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

New
New
First poster: bot
About Self Self is a prototype-based dynamic object-oriented programming language, environment, and virtual machine centered around the p...
New
AstonJ
Inspired by this post by @stefan.jarina, I’m curious about the kind of Bash scripts you’ve written and whether you still use Bash given t...
New
Jsdr3398
I’ve recently become interested in Elixir and all it’s neat perks. And since I’m currently working on a messaging platform; elixir seems ...
New
mafinar
I wrote a blog post! On F#. I usually don’t write things but figured i should try it out, also experimenting with F# and C# lately, love ...
New
mafinar
I’ll be participating. This would be very interesting because I have been having coders block + a lot of distraction this weekend. But l...
New
Cellane
Phoenix 1.6.0 got released last week, with built-in authentication and mailer generators, a whole new HEEx (HTML-aware Embedded Elixir) e...
New
lucasvegi
Hello guys! Perhaps some of you have already seen this invitation on other channels in the Elixir community or even responded to our surv...
New
apoorv-2204
Hi everyone, I’m considering pursuing the Elixir/Erlang certification exam offered by Erlang Solutions and wanted to check in with the c...
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New