DevotionGeo

DevotionGeo

Erlang Master Classes - by Joe Armstrong, Francesco Cesarini and Simon Thompson

@AstonJ You mentioned Kent University’s MOOC. There is another YouTube channel by Kent University and it has three of Erlang’s master classes.

  1. Erlang Master Class 1: Functional Programming by Simon Thompson
  2. Erlang Master Class 2: Concurrent Programming by Joe Armstrong
  3. Erlang Master Class 3: OTP Behaviours and Releases by Francesco Cesarini

Joe Armstrong doesn’t need an introduction. Francesco Cesarini and Simon Thompson co-authored Erlang Programming in 2009 and Erlang by Example in 2011, and Francesco Cesarini also wrote Designing for Scalability with Erlang/OTP in 2016.

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

Ah I forgot about those - I think we need a dedicated thread for them DG! Shall we split into a new thread for the #backend-developer-forum:backend-learning-resources section? :nerd: Prob should add one for the MOOCs as well (I want to go through them after Programming Erlang).

herminiotorres

herminiotorres

I need to watch these three videos for the Erlang Master Class

herminiotorres

herminiotorres

@DevotionGeo Do you watch this Erlang master class course on YouTube? What your thoughts about it?

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Go is a modern programming language that combines the reliability of compiled languages with the ease of use and flexibility of dynamic t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learning Clojure involves much more than just learning the mechanics. To really get Clojure you need to understand the ideas underlying i...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Chris McCord edited by Jacquelyn Carter @jkcarter Metaprogramming is one of Elixir’s greatest features. Maybe you’ve played with the bas...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Modern C++ Programming With Test-Driven Development, the only comprehensive treatment on TDD in C++ provides you with everything you need...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn and apply the powerful streams API and lambda expressions to create highly expressive, concise, and maintainable functional style c...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Shave countless hours off development time with production-ready Go recipes. Learn language nuances while doing common (and not so common...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use event sourcing to solve complex software development problems by modeling your application as a stream of immutable events and their ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Hone your Clojure skills and validate your understanding as you explore the design decisions behind this data-driven functional programmi...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New