CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Embracing Functional Programming in Ruby (2017)

The server-side code at Gusto is written in Ruby, a language usually known for its object-oriented and metaprogrammatic roots. Nonetheless, we wanted to integrate some more functional concepts into our code in the hopes of increasing the system’s safety and clarity. The result has been maintainable code that is easier to reason about and safer to change.

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

DevotionGeo
There are 3 main formatters for Erlang which you can use from the command-line, rebar3_format, Steamroller elmfmt. Visual Studio Cod...
New
First poster: bot
Julia is a scientific programming language that is free and open source.1 It is a relatively new language that borrows inspiration from l...
New
First poster: bot
It’s easy to view yourself as “not a real programmer.” There are programs out there that everyone uses, and it’s easy to put their develo...
/c
New
New
CommunityNews
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
New
First poster: bot
PHP 8.1 is already taking shape quite well, yet there’s one feature I’d love to see added, that’s still being discussed: multi-line short...
New
First poster: bot
I’ve been more serious about learning Rust recently, after dragging on with passive learning for a while. My first real programming langu...
New
New
brainlid
There is a new community resource available on writing “Safe Ecto Migrations”. When we get a migration wrong, it can lock up your product...
New
mtmattei
For the past few years, Safari has been putting in a lot of effort to enhance its WebAssembly support and 2024 was no exception… I believ...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New