paulanthonywilson

paulanthonywilson

Elixir mock (test double) testing seams: a modest proposal

When using mocks in Elixir, particularly with Mox then the standard way of loading the implementation is along the lines of Application.get_env(:cat_facts, CatFacts.CatFactsApi, CatFacts.RealCatFactsApi) . In this post I suggest an alternative which is a little less flexible, but also safer and avoid extra configuration.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

DevotionGeo
There are 3 main formatters for Erlang which you can use from the command-line, rebar3_format, Steamroller elmfmt. Visual Studio Cod...
New
First poster: wolf4earth
Understanding Partial Moves in Rust. Partial moves are an interesting but often misunderstood feature of Rust. However, with the right ...
New
First poster: bot
Why Zig When There is Already C++, D, and Rust? No hidden control flow No hidden allocations First-class support for no standard library...
New
First poster: bot
What’s Next for Teal, the typed dialect of Lua - FOSDEM 2021. This is my talk about the latest updates on the Teal programming language,...
New
First poster: Exadra37
Summary: I describe a simple interview problem (counting frequencies of unique words), solve it in various languages, and compare perform...
New
New
brainlid
We take a deeper dive with Nathan Long into IOLists in Elixir. We cover what they are, how they work, the power they have when concatenat...
New
AstonJ
This was posted on the Elixir Forum and thought it was worth sharing here! I love how the excitement of the author shines through and I ...
New
wolf4earth
Louis Pilfold is the creator of the Gleam programming language. He explains what Gleam is and tells us where it came from. He then dives...
New
axelson
I describe how we use Hot Reloading with Webpack to develop faster and show how to integrate Webpack 5, webpack-dev-server, and Phoenix f...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New