jaeyson
Anyone tried Elixir Quiz?
Hi all!, anybody tried this Elixir quiz from @Tetiana? She’s the one who made Elixircards.
Most Liked
AntonRich
list_to_atom(“Erlang”)
I learned that I need to use :erlang. to find that function. But when I used it like this
:erlang.list_to_atom(“Erlang”
It gave me an argument error while the answer in the flashcard was ‘Erlang’.
How so?
4
Cellane
Because that function takes a list (in the flashcard example, a charlist) as an argument, not a String, thus to call it from Elixir, it must be called as :erlang.list_to_atom('Erlang') (with single-quotes, rather than double-quotes).
4
AntonRich
Thank you for clarifying that.
4
Popular Backend topics
For me it’s the semicolon, because I stopped using a semicolon in JavaScript, two other of my favorite languages, Elixir and Go don’t hav...
New
New
The Magic of Python Context Managers.
Recipes for using and creating awesome Python context managers, that will make your code more read...
New
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first:
asdf plugin-upd...
New
Welcome to RETRO, my personal take on the Forth language. This
is a modern system primarily targetting desktop, mobile, and
servers, th...
New
I have being some Elixir open-source contributions and side projects. Oh, and I’m doing them on livestreams on my twitch channel, follow ...
New
Woooooooo! This is such a huge release for it, and 2 years incoming!
In short, the library is now using an updated hyper backend (not j...
New
Intensively researching Erlang books and additional resources on it, I have found that the topic of using Regular Expressions is either c...
New
MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB and etc.
Also, do you use VM or container to run it?
New
I found a collection of code snippets for getting visitor ip address from api.geoipapi.com/json for blocking malicious ip addresses or ha...
New
Other popular topics
New
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first:
asdf plugin-upd...
New
Author Spotlight
Jamis Buck
@jamis
This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
Author Spotlight
Mike Riley
@mriley
This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
Author Spotlight
Rebecca Skinner
@RebeccaSkinner
Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun
Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices.
Neil Smyth
MySQL...
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel










