DevotionGeo
Which one do you think is less complicated, Erlang or Elixir?
If we remove syntax from the equation.
Most Liked
rvirding
Creator of Erlang
Erlang definitely, Elixir has added more “stuff” at its base level. All which can of course be implemented directly in Erlang. 
2
AstonJ
Currently, Elixir, but I’ve only just started learning Erlang
(I’ll come back to this thread with a proper opinion after I’ve read a book or two on it).
What about you DG? Which do you feel is less complicated and can you give some examples please? I’m curious to hear what you think.
1
OvermindDL1
Erlang definitely as well. It’s a very simple language in comparison, elixir does quite a whole lot, a lot of it does ease use at times, but it is significantly more complicated than erlang.
1
Popular Backend topics
Which server-side languages are you most interested in right now? Anything new or relatively new that’s caught your eye? Maybe an older l...
New
Yes? No? If yes, how/in what way?
New
New
This Python script mimics Babbage’s Difference Engine.
In Use this Python script to simulate Babbage’s Difference Engine, Python offered...
New
Just discovered Fika - looks pretty neat!
fn sum(a: Int, b: Int) : Float do
a + b
end
I quite like the syntax, though would probably ...
New
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first:
asdf plugin-upd...
New
I did not add this to a “this weekend I’ll learn” like my few other journals as I am decided on using this in the long term.
Last I work...
New
I wrote a blog post! On F#. I usually don’t write things but figured i should try it out, also experimenting with F# and C# lately, love ...
New
Phoenix 1.6.0 got released last week, with built-in authentication and mailer generators, a whole new HEEx (HTML-aware Embedded Elixir) e...
New
Howdy, folks i have this question about it is ok to learn two different programming languages same time, well my story is i joined a comp...
New
Other popular topics
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
New
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Hi folks,
I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc
Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
Author Spotlight:
Bruce Tate
@redrapids
Programming languages always emerge out of need, and if that’s not always true, they’re defin...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices.
Neil Smyth
MySQL...
New
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /markdown









