CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Vue.js is Wikimedia Foundation's future JavaScript framework

Hi all,
With excitement we’re sharing today that Vue.js is Wikimedia
Foundation’s official choice for adoption as future JavaScript
framework for use with MediaWiki.

The evaluation of front-end frameworks officially started mid 2019…

Read in full here:

https://lists.wikimedia.org/hyperkitty/list/wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org/thread/SOZREBYR36PUNFZXMIUBVAIOQI4N7PDU/

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

/js

Most Liked

KnowledgeIsPower

KnowledgeIsPower

So they want to develop on the Vue.JS framework instead of PHP?

AstonJ

AstonJ

Vue.js is a front end framework so I guess they’ll stick with whatever backend tech they’re using? (I haven’t read the article so just guessing :lol:)

dyowee

dyowee

It is better to be Vue than React :slight_smile:

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

First poster: bot
I suspect you’ve already have Emscripten (https://emscripten.org/) installed. Make sure, you’ve included the proper paths, so you can iss...
New
First poster: bot
Many years ago NRI adopted Elm as a frontend language. We started small with a disposable proof of concept, and as the engineering team i...
New
CommunityNews
The proposal “Pipe operator (|>) for JavaScript” (by J. S. Choi, James DiGioia, Ron Buckton and Tab Atkins) introduces a new operator....
/js
New
First poster: bot
Pay attention to WebAssembly. WebAssembly is at an inflection point. Over the next few years, I expect to see increased adoption of WebA...
New
First poster: bot
Assertion Functions in TypeScript. TypeScript 3.7 implemented support for assertion functions in the type system. An assertion function ...
New
CommunityNews
See them here: This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
New
CommunityNews
Introducing Signals – Preact. Signals are a way of expressing state that ensure apps stay fast regardless of how complex they get. Signa...
New
First poster: bot
Type-Level TypeScript — Introduction. A course to take your TypeScript skills to the next level!
New
First poster: bot
Writing composable SQL using JavaScript by Gajus Kuizinas. A walkthrough of common patterns of writing SQL queries in JavaScript with th...
New
First poster: Eiji
Today, there’s no way to audit a site’s client-side code as it changes, making it hard to trust sites that use cryptography. We preview a...
New

Other popular topics Top

brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
poll poll Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New