ozornin

ozornin

AI is Like Cars

I recently wrote an essay on effects of AI, how it all can become real bad, and how we can avoid it.

I started writing the post intending to lay out a couple of thoughts in an evening or two, but one thing led to another, and nearly a month later I ended up publishing a way more elaborate and nuanced piece than I initially anticipated

First Post!

AstonJ

AstonJ

Nice blog post Andrey!

It’s certainly an interesting way to look at it, though I think many people might liken AI to being more like a calculator - you can do without it but it’s a whole lot easier with it. At least I think that may be the case in the coming years.

I definitely agree about many of the potential downsides you mention, and I guess time will only tell how much it impacts us as humans, whether on a cognitive level or otherwise.

One thing that does concern me tho is I hope that AI is used for good and not just to make greedy billionaires even richer. As much as one might like to look for the good in people, history tells us there are some despicable evil people around, and so it does make you wonder what the 1% might do when AI and robots can do everything we do… i.e when there’s no longer a ‘need’ to keep the masses (workers) around, and which would then make the world an even bigger playground for the repugnantly rich.

This is even more relevant when you think about global warming and that the planet simply can’t cope with the population as it is as we are currently existing. In other words, there almost certainly needs to be some sort of drastic change or we could all be doomed. The ‘best’ way would be to rid ourselves completely of the ruling classes, but they aren’t going to go without a fight :096:

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

tonyxrandall
The rapid development of AI (artificial intelligence) has opened up new ethical frontiers at a startling pace. As the impact of AI is so ...
New
ozornin
I recently wrote an essay on effects of AI, how it all can become real bad, and how we can avoid it. I started writing the post intend...
New
New
John-BoothIQ
TL;DR: Good: AI is great at Elixir. It gets better as your codebase grows. Bad: It defaults to defensive, imperative code. You need...
New
xiji2646-netizen
You guys aren’t gonna believe this. Anthropic‘s engineers just dropped a goldmine — a deep dive into how they’re actually using Claude C...
New
aralroca
I wrote about a different approach to AI agents. Instead of building bots that screenshot your screen and click buttons (like OpenAI Oper...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Anthropic announced Claude Mythos Preview this week – and then said it will not release it to the public. Their reasoning: the model’s cy...
New
wolf4earth
The structural argument, briefly: literacy installs a cognitive substrate in human brains; LLMs are built entirely on the same kind of su...
New
xiji2646-netizen
I have been looking through Seedance 2.0 prompt examples and noticed a pattern: The prompts that work best are usually not just longer. ...
New
alvinkatojr
Found this article a refreshing take on this obsession with AI tokens and “tokenmaxing”. Read and enjoy! :slight_smile:
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New