CommunityNews
Why We're Sticking with Ruby on Rails at GitLab
Why We’re Sticking with Ruby on Rails at GitLab.
With our modular monolith, developers can contribute enhancements to the core product, giving us tremendous leverage, unbeatable pace and scalability.
Read in full here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Backend topics
One of Haskell’s features that I really liked was list comprehensions, so I was very pleased to discover how nice Julia’s comprehensions ...
New
Ruby vs Python comes down to the for loop.
Contrasting how each language handles iteration helps understand how to work effectively in e...
New
codeamigo.
Byte-sized interactive coding tutorials
New
8 Reasons why Clojure is a better Java than Java.
Clojure is better than Java at its own game. Using code examples, we dive into what ma...
New
Letting Go of Random.
In a recent post I shared some thoughts about art and included a few, somewhat tongue-in-cheek comments about the ...
New
IS C++ DOOMED?.
I was bored so wrote a contiguous queue in C++ ( ). These are my thoughts from that exercise. INTRO I’ve written a lot o...
New
Python 3.11 in the Web Browser - A Journey Christian Heimes PyConDE & PyDataBerlin 2022 conference .
Compile CPython to Web Assembly...
New
clog/LEARN.md at main · rabbibotton/clog.
CLOG - The Common Lisp Omnificent GUI. Contribute to rabbibotton/clog development by creating ...
New
Some Thoughts on Zig — Sympolymathesy, by Chris Krycho.
One of the biggest things Zig has going for it—especially compared to Rust—is th...
New
A look at how and why we migrated from Next.js to Ruby on Rails.
New
Other popular topics
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one:
I got 51/100:
Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
If you’re getting errors like this:
psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /markdown









