CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Web.dev: How we build the site and use Web Components

This is the first post in web.dev’s engineering blog. Over the coming months, we hope to share actionable insights from our work—so watch for posts with the Engineering Blog tag! Here we’ll be covering the build process for our static site and the (optional!) JavaScript behind our web components.

web.dev provides content about building modern web experiences and allows you to measure your site’s performance. Savvy users may have realized that our Measure page is just an interface for Lighthouse, which is also available in Chrome’s DevTools. Signing in to web.dev lets you run regular Lighthouse audits on your site so you can see how its score changes over time. I’ll be revisiting the Measure page a bit later, as we think it’s fairly special. :confetti_ball:

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

First poster: bot
Two ways you can take advantage of types in JavaScript (without TypeScript) - The Blinking Caret. This blog post describes how you can e...
New
First poster: bot
A WebAssembly Powered Augmented Reality Sudoku Solver. An Augmented Reality Sudoku solver using the WebAssembly build of OpenCV (a C++ ...
New
First poster: bot
Because lighter plugins mean lighter sites. https://vanillalist.top/ This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news ...
New
First poster: bot
User-preference based media features, container queries, and media queries for new screen types, such as foldable screens, will enable us...
New
XSukhpreet
Mine is Firebase because it is easy to learn and fast .
New
First poster: bot
Implementing an app redesign is never routine nor easy. Two weeks after I was hired at Polytomic, I began implementing the app’s first re...
New
First poster: bot
I first got into web design/development in the late 90s, and only as I type this sentence do I realize how long ago that was. And boy, i...
New
mssantosdev
Our take on how to build a frontend style guide with Phoenix Components, Atomic Design and plain CSS, with focus on reusability and code ...
New
karolina.curiosum
Bumblebee & Stable Diffusion & Phoenix Live View meets in one place! Learn how to create a live prompt generating Stable Diffusio...
New
rushilbhuptani
Introduction Dark mode is one of the most popular UI options in the current applications. It will offer less eyewear, enhanced battery li...
#ui
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New