CommunityNews
Swift needs a better language reference
In August 2020, I posted a rant on the Swift forums about the poor state of Swift documentation. Nothing came of it, but I want to reiterate one point I made then: the Swift project sorely needs a searchable, linkable language reference.
To be fair, Swift does have a language reference: the eponymous section in The Swift Programming Language (TSPL) contains most of the information I’d expect from such a resource. But that section isn’t well structured to serve as an actual reference…
Read in full here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Ios topics
New
Should I use SwiftUI in production? Here’s a code-to-code breakdown to help you decide…
SwiftUI — Apple’s declarative UI framework that ...
New
Apple has released a software update for AirTags following concerns they could be used to track people secretly.
AirTags were released i...
New
I read and loved Potential’s “iOS 15, Humane” proposition. Published earlier in June by co-founders Welf and Oliver, it tackles how iOS c...
New
iOS 15 was released a few months ago in September 2021. In this article, I analyze the built-in apps composing iOS 15. How many binaries ...
New
Let the nostalgia rain over you as we take a look back and reminisce about the history of Xcode from its lowly beginnings…
New
At DoorDash we are consistently making an effort to increase our user experience by increasing our app’s stability. A major part of this ...
New
This guide is aimed at providing a detailed method for maximizing security and privacy on an Apple iPad (non-cellular). This guide should...
New
New
New
Other popular topics
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
poll
poll
Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
New
The V Programming Language
Simple language for building maintainable programs
V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
Hi folks,
I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc
Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /markdown









