CommunityNews

CommunityNews

It's virtually impossible to read old iMessages and they take up tons of storage

Many iPhone owners have iMessages from years ago that they can’t access. For example, my wife and I simply want to read the first few messages that we exchanged in 2017, but we can’t. A friend of mine recently had to prove she had a relationship with someone for US immigration services, and she was able to quickly download an easily searchable file containing all messages without using a 3rd-party tool in her efforts to do so. But she doesn’t use iMessage, she uses another chat app.

We pay for the right to read our old messages in a few ways: precious space on our 64GB iPhones (the base level storage amount for iPhones), our Macs, and our iCloud storage, which Apple charges us for each month. Many other people have had this problem for several years, a quick Google search reveals…

Read in full here:

https://keydiscussions.com/2021/05/28/apple-charges-for-storing-gigabytes-worth-of-old-imessages-you-cant-reliably-access/

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Ios topics Top

New
First poster: bot
Should I use SwiftUI in production? Here’s a code-to-code breakdown to help you decide… SwiftUI — Apple’s declarative UI framework that ...
New
First poster: bot
Mastering UNIX pipes, Part 1. A pipe is a first-in-first-out interprocess communication channel. The pipe version as it is known today w...
New
First poster: bot
A couple of weeks ago, I started working on getting Racket CS to compile and run on iOS and, with a lot of guidance from Matthew Flatt, I...
New
First poster: bot
Apple has released a software update for AirTags following concerns they could be used to track people secretly. AirTags were released i...
New
First poster: bot
We believe technology should help us live well. It can and should be designed to help us be intentional, to do the things that truly matt...
New
First poster: bot
Amnesty International has detailed evidence showing some of the ways NSO’s Pegasus spyware tool infiltrated the iPhones of journalists an...
New
First poster: bot
Let the nostalgia rain over you as we take a look back and reminisce about the history of Xcode from its lowly beginnings…
New
First poster: bot
This guide is aimed at providing a detailed method for maximizing security and privacy on an Apple iPad (non-cellular). This guide should...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New