gaggle

gaggle

Setting Up an Elixir Dev Environment

An exploration of various ways to set up a consistent and versioned Elixir development environment, evaluating asdf, mise, Nix, and pkgx, and discussing their trade-offs for team collaboration. Part of an ongoing series to explore the “perfect” Elixir setup.

Most Liked

torstenn

torstenn

This post is great and the whole series seems very promising. You have me looking into pkgx and mash.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

Scorpil
I dabbled in Phoenix for a while now, but never really got my hands dirty with it right up until now. Apart from the whole framework bein...
New
New
New
First poster: bot
It’s not legacy code — it’s PHP. Vimeo has been using PHP in production for over 15 years. Find out how we keep a million lines of PHP i...
New
First poster: bot
Such inflammatory, much wow. Unfortunately, Haskell itself agrees. Some languages naturally lend themselves towards adoption. Some don’t...
New
First poster: bot
Julia is a scientific programming language that is free and open source.1 It is a relatively new language that borrows inspiration from l...
New
paulanthonywilson
So you’re enjoying using WebSockets with Elixir’s Phoenix Framework, and you want to send some binary messages. Maybe it’s an audio clip,...
New
paulanthonywilson
I had a bit of a mini-adventure following Sobelow’s advice on adding a CSP to a Phoenix App. If you want to follow along, or want to add ...
New
First poster: bot
This post is a spiritual successor to Loris Cro’s Go cross-compilation. The encounter During a recent stage 2 meeting Jakub Konka wanted...
New
mudasobwa
Peeper is the tiny library to preserve state across GenServer crashes/restarts. Works as an almost drop-in substitute for GenServer, sui...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New