CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Scientists explore chemistry of tattoo inks amid growing safety concerns

“Every time we looked at one of the inks, we found something that gave me pause.”

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

First Post!

AstonJ

AstonJ

I love tattoos but this is one of the reasons I won’t get one.

One of my neighbours was diagnosed with terminal cancer and she said when they biopsied her lymph nodes they found tattoo ink in them. She said she regretted having hers (even though she didn’t have many)…

Where Next?

Popular Science Tech topics Top

AstonJ
The chances of getting this is high, and although symptoms will be mild for many, I wonder if there’s worth having a thread to log our di...
New
AstonJ
Last thread about Horrid-19 from me for now, promise :stuck_out_tongue: Will we ever get rid of it? Will it mutate? How will we look bac...
New
wolf4earth
In the past years the topic of mental health has become a lot more prevalent - at least in my personal filter bubble. And while the tech ...
New
First poster: bot
Old Dogs, New Research and the Secrets of Aging. The ways that dogs grow and age may provide potentially useful similarities with people...
New
New
First poster: bot
Longevity FAQ — Laura Deming. A beginner’s guide to longevity research
New
First poster: bot
Microplastics Found In Live Human Lung Tissue For The First Time. From the top of the tallest mountain to the depths of the ocean floor,...
New
AstonJ
Has anyone used or is thinking about trying a CGM? They are used to monitor your blood glucose level and many health/diet related author...
New
First poster: bot
Preclinical Study: Antibiotics and Gut Microbiomes . In a new study, researchers at Cedars-Sinai found that antibiotics have sex-specifi...
New
First poster: bot
Endemic Pathogens are Making You Crazy and Then Killing You | RETURN. Nobody warned you about them, but they’re destroying your mind and...
New

Other popular topics Top

DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New