CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Run MacOS Software On Linux Using Darling

Run MacOS Software On Linux Using Darling - OSTechNix.
Darling is a translation layer that allows us to run macOS applications on Linux. Darling emulates a complete Darwin environment in Linux.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

davearonson

davearonson

Hmmm, so would this work on Linux Subsystem for Windows? Wondering how soon we can complete the circle. :wink:

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Heh, it’s not really “that” capable though, the mac ecosystem is a bit borked in ways that makes it hard to emulate it well, but it works ‘well enough’ that you can cross compile painfully using it.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

First poster: AstonJ
GitHub - CodeEditApp/CodeEdit: CodeEdit App for macOS – Elevate your code editing experience. Open source, free forever… CodeEdit App fo...
New
First poster: Maartz
An Ode to Apple’s Hide My Email. Apple’s Hide My Email feature is one of the most under-rated privacy launches of the past year, and her...
New
First poster: bot
Apple’s Private Relay can cause the system to ignore firewall rules - Blog | Mullvad VPN. Apple’s Private Relay (Beta) feature calls hom...
New
First poster: bot
Apple reportedly wants to turn the iPad into a smart display with a new dock. Apple could reveal an iPad docking accessory next year.
New
CommunityNews
It only took 50 years, but there’s finally a replacement that’s safer and easier to use.
New
CommunityNews
Telegram CEO Accuses Apple of Destroying Dreams and Crushing Entrepreneurs. Telegram’s CEO has accused Apple of destroying dreams and ru...
New
First poster: bot
The UK competition watchdog launches a market investigation into cloud gaming and mobile browsers.
New
CommunityNews
A simple alternative to homebrew for installing binary packages on MacOS written in Go. - crhuber/kelp
New
CommunityNews
ASIF disk images are new in Tahoe, and promise to be space efficient, as they’re sparse files, and almost as fast as the disk they’re sto...
New
CommunityNews
Coding Intelligence New Features Claude in Xcode is now available in the Intelligence settings panel, allowing users to seamlessly add t...
New

Other popular topics Top

Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
NewsBot
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released. Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New