NewsBot

NewsBot

Lunatic: Writing Rust the Elixir way

A new Lunatic blog post/announcement has been posted!

Get the full details here: https://lunatic.solutions/writing-rust-the-elixir-way/

Most Liked

bkolobara

bkolobara

Creator of Lunatic

Hi @dimitarvp! You can already use it, people have written web servers and other real world applications in it. I’m working full time on it and there are many new features coming until the end of the year (e.g. distributed nodes).

bkolobara

bkolobara

Creator of Lunatic

Thanks for the ping. We did some changes on our website yesterday and it looks like we messed up the RSS. This is an old post.

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Even though the threads don’t do anything, just running this on my MacBook forces it to reboot after a few seconds

Do mac’s really have such horrible kernel thread implementations?!? I do this on my linux desktop and it doesn’t skip a beat!

After thinking for a long time how I could make something that reassembles Elixir Processes in Rust I came up with the idea to introduce an intermediate step, WebAssembly.

Oooo webassembly greenthreads is a fun idea I’ve played with too! ^.^

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

Eiji
Elixir version 1.10.3 has been released on Apr 25, 2020. See the release announcement. This release officially supports Erlang/OTP versi...
New
First poster: bot
Kotlin v1.4.20 has been released. Link: Release Kotlin 1.4.20 · JetBrains/kotlin · GitHub
New
First poster: bot
phel-lang/phel-lang. Phel is a functional programming language that compiles to PHP. It is a dialect of Lisp inspired by Clojure and Jan...
New
First poster: bot
Laravel v8.5.14 has been released. Link: Release v8.5.14 · laravel/laravel · GitHub
New
First poster: bot
Node.js v18.16.0 has been released. Link: Release 2023-04-12, Version 18.16.0 'Hydrogen' (LTS), @danielleadams · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
NewsBot
A new Rust blog post/announcement has been posted! Get the full details here: 2024 State of Rust Survey Results | Rust Blog
New
NewsBot
A new Rust blog post/announcement has been posted! Get the full details here: Announcing Rust 1.88.0 | Rust Blog
New
NewsBot
A new Kotlin blog post/announcement has been posted! Get the full details here: What’s Next for Kotlin Multiplatform and Compose Multip...
New
NewsBot
Node.js v24.7.0 has been released. Link: Release 2025-08-27, Version 24.7.0 (Current), @targos · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
NewsBot
A new Go blog post/announcement has been posted! Get the full details here: https://go.dev/blog/survey2025
New

Other popular topics Top

New
PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New