CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Goodbye CSS Modules, Hello TailwindCSS

Implementing an app redesign is never routine nor easy. Two weeks after I was hired at Polytomic, I began implementing the app’s first redesign since the founding of the company. The technology choices and how to get it done were left up to me.

Our frontend codebase is a single-page application powered by Create React App (CRA), written in TypeScript, and using GraphQL for the API. The existing styling approach used CSS Modules without a design system.

CSS Modules are CSS files in which all class and animation names are scoped locally by default. They get compiled as part of the build step—with bundler technology like Webpack—and are natively supported by CRA.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

First poster: bot
How I Write Elm Applications. This is the homepage of Jezen Thomas — programmer, and founder of NewBusinessMonitor and Comparestack. Top...
New
First poster: bot
Choosing a language to replace Javascript (and why it’s F#). This is an opinion piece. YMMV Once in a while, I start a side project who...
New
First poster: bot
Hey! We’re getting really close to releasing React + Vue support for Tailwind UI, so I thought it would be interesting to share some of t...
New
First poster: bot
The Tower of Hanoi is a classic mathematical puzzle that is often used as an introduction to recursion. We can express a solution to this...
New
First poster: bot
Add WebAssembly, get performance. Is that how it really works? The incredibly unsatisfying answer is: It depends. It depends on oh-so-ma...
New
First poster: bot
User-preference based media features, container queries, and media queries for new screen types, such as foldable screens, will enable us...
New
First poster: rustkas
What is TCO? Tail-call optimization (TCO) is a very neat trick that the Elm compiler does to make recursive functions a lot more performa...
New
XSukhpreet
Mine is Firebase because it is easy to learn and fast .
New
First poster: bot
Here’s what I think: if you are building websites, you don’t need React (in most cases). I have been building websites for over nine yea...
New
AstonJ
I love videos like this and it follows the same theme as @jaeyson’s thread here - I reckon the @ElixirCasts crew should consider experime...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
AstonJ
poll poll Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New