ManningBooks

ManningBooks

Devtalk Sponsor

Get Programming with Scala (Manning)

Packed with examples and exercises, Get Programming with Scala is the perfect starting point for developers with some OO knowledge who want to learn Scala and pick up a few FP skills along the way.

Daniela Sfregola

Get Programming with Scala is a fast-paced introduction to the Scala language, covering both Scala 2 and Scala 3. You’ll learn through lessons, quizzes, and hands-on projects that bring your new skills to life.

Clear explanations make Scala’s features and abstractions easy to understand. As you go, you’ll learn to write familiar object-oriented code in Scala and also discover the possibilities of functional programming.


Don’t forget you can get 35% off with your Devtalk discount! Just use the coupon code “devtalk.com” at checkout :+1:

Most Liked

mafinar

mafinar

I don’t really follow Scala news but… is Scala 3 out already?

The book looks good (most “Get Programming with…” titles are!) and I’ll certainly give it a read once I convince myself to get into Scala.

mafinar

mafinar

What do you think about Scala?

I encountered Scala snippets when reading the book Functional and Reactive Domain modeling and felt like it had a rather powerful type system (I translated things to Elixir though so language was of little importance).

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

For working on the JVM I love scala and it is my preferred way. I’ve made a number of things in it, though when possible I don’t work on the JVM. ^.^;

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Your domain is rich and interconnected, and your API should be, too. Upgrade your web API to GraphQL, using flexible queries to empower y...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Do less work when testing your Python code, but be just as expressive, elegant, and readable. The pytest testing framework helps you writ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
RSpec has been downloaded more than 80 million times and has inspired countless test frameworks in other languages. Myron Marston @...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
For this new edition of the best-selling Learn to Program, Chris Pine has taken a good thing and made it even better. First, he used the ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build a working binary clock using Elixir, Nerves, and OTP. Control complexity in your projects using a layered approach to software desi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Shave countless hours off development time with production-ready Go recipes. Learn language nuances while doing common (and not so common...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Done poorly, unit testing wastes your time and degrades your code. So pick up the third edition of this book and see how to test properly...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn network programming with Erlang and Elixir. Build reliable and scalable network systems, and understand why this platform is a perf...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New