CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Zee: A modern text editor for the terminal written in Rust

GitHub - mcobzarenco/zee: A modern text editor for the terminal written in Rust.
A modern text editor for the terminal written in Rust - GitHub - mcobzarenco/zee: A modern text editor for the terminal written in Rust

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

I’m really curious what all these huge amounts of text editors being made in rust lately is about, lol. Not that I’m complaining, quite the opposite, but maybe we need a forum post here of just new and unique editors, what they are written in, and their development status?

AstonJ

AstonJ

Sounds like a good idea ODL - start a ‘Rust Code Editors’ wiki if you like :003:

It’s a shame Discourse does not allow you to edit polls, as it would be interesting to keeping adding news ones to a ‘Which is your fave Rust code editor’ poll - just to see which one is most popular/used…

AntonRich

AntonRich

Are there that many?

The ones that I know are:
xi-editor
remacs (port of emacs)
Lapce
and apperently this one (Zee)

All right. I googled and there way more than I thought. Though most of 'em look like Vim.

Can we call it ‘Text Editor Renaissance’?

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

New
First poster: bot
Typing is Hard Type Checking and Type Inference Common terms Completeness Soundness Decidability Hindley-Milner Type System Dependent t...
New
First poster: bot
GitHub - nanobowers/py2cr: Python3 to Crystal Translation using Python AST Walker. Python3 to Crystal Translation using Python AST Walke...
New
First poster: bot
Rails adds support for Fiber-safe ActiveRecord ConnectionPools. Ruby on Rails and ReactJS consulting company. We also build mobile appli...
New
CommunityNews
Python 3.11 in the Web Browser - A Journey Christian Heimes PyConDE & PyDataBerlin 2022 conference . Compile CPython to Web Assembly...
New
First poster: OvermindDL1
GitHub - mcobzarenco/zee: A modern text editor for the terminal written in Rust. A modern text editor for the terminal written in Rust -...
New
First poster: bot
Disclaimer: I work at Uber and am partially responsible for bringing zig cc to serious internal use. Opinions are mine, this blog post is...
New
First poster: faust
Ruffle is a Flash Player emulator written in Rust. Ruffle runs natively on all modern operating systems as a standalone application, and ...
New
First poster: herbert
Why Rust should not have provided unwrap. I see the unwrap function called a lot, especially in example code, quick-and-dirty prototype ...
New
First poster: bot
Some Thoughts on Zig — Sympolymathesy, by Chris Krycho. One of the biggest things Zig has going for it—especially compared to Rust—is th...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New