CommunityNews
Why Today’s Python Developers Are Embracing Type Hints | Pyrefly
What is Typed Python? Why is it important for Python developers today? How to can you get started?
Read in full here:
Most Liked
jss
I have been writing FastAPI code for a proof-of-concept, but I haven’t been using type hints. Maybe it’s the right time to get started using it.
1
gfqdjb
I had no idea Python even had type annotations. I just looked it up and it turns out there are a bunch of type checkers. Does anyone have thoughts on Pyrefly vs Pyright?
1
peterchancc
There might be initial overhead, but it is worth using type hints.
1
Popular Backend topics
New
nim-lang/Nim.
Nim is a statically typed compiled systems programming language. It combines successful concepts from mature languages lik...
New
Typing is Hard
Type Checking and Type Inference
Common terms
Completeness
Soundness
Decidability
Hindley-Milner Type System
Dependent t...
New
Is Rust Used Safely by Software Developers?.
Rust, an emerging programming language with explosive growth, provides a
robust type syste...
New
Lisp Interview: questions to Alex Nygren of Kina Knowledge, using Common Lisp extensively in their document processing stack - Lisp jour...
New
Metaprogramming in Nim #1 Introduction.
In this video i will show you and teach you about Nim’s Metaprogramming features/capabilities. E...
New
GitHub - nim-works/nimskull: An in development statically typed systems programming language; with sustainability at its core. We, the co...
New
Perfecting WebGPU/Dawn native graphics for Zig.
A 700+ commit complete rewrite of mach/gpu (the WebGPU interface for Zig) has been compl...
New
Postgres 18 introduces Asynchronous I/O (AIO) that can dramatically improve read performance, especially in the cloud. Learn how these ch...
New
This post is my attempt to write down, in broad strokes, everything I know about good system design. A lot of the concrete judgment calls...
New
Other popular topics
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting:
asdf install erlang 23.1.2
Configure failed.
checking ...
New
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face:
:keyboard:
If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
Author Spotlight
Mike Riley
@mriley
This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic.
Sam Ruby @rubys
...
New
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









