kokolegorille

kokolegorille

Web components in 2020

Hello everyone,

Does anybody uses Web Components in 2020? It’s quite old, but recently it seems to have some kind of revival.

I have been toying around lately, and made a wasm web component with Rust.

It is not meant to be a framework replacement, but can work with any… For fun I also made a Web Component in React.

The main advantage is it’s portability. After all, it’s just an html tag, but powered by anything under the hood.

Thanks for taking time…

Most Liked

web-padawan

web-padawan

Hi! There are lots of examples of using web components in 2020, including component libraries by Microsoft, IBM, Salesforce, SAP and more.

If you are interested, check out this collection of web components resources: https://github.com/mateusortiz/webcomponents-the-right-way

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

I haven’t but I plan to use HTMX for own project in a few weeks (or months). Have you checked that one out?

AstonJ

AstonJ

I’ve always liked the idea of building apps as a series of components and not just for the frontend - I really liked how Volt was planning to bring it to the backend too and would love frameworks like Rails and Phoenix to explore the idea.

Here’s some vids that look pretty good:

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

DevotionGeo
Dart is not the first language with that mistake, but it’s newer. It shouldn’t have repeated this mistake.
New
New
First poster: bot
The Analytics That Matter | CSS-Tricks. I’ve long been skeptical of quoting global browser usage percentages to justify their usage of b...
New
First poster: bot
Why do ARM chips have an instruction with Javascript in the name (FJCVTZS)?. FJCVTZS is “Floating-point Javascript Convert to Signed fix...
New
mafinar
Just like I did one on Tailwind some time ago, I am going to play with AlpineJS the next few days. It’s a nice little JS framework that ...
New
Reinis
For the last few months I’ve been (re)-learning vanilla CSS. Initially I did not ‘get’ how to structure CSS to take advantage of the ‘cas...
New
max_alyokhin
I created a web-synthesizer that generates sound from the binary code of any files. It can synthesize sound directly in the browser, or b...
New
toollist
Hey folks, Wanted to share a Chrome extension I’ve been using for Instagram data collection, and also open up a discussion about one of ...
New
zoosky
Hi! After working hard on this side project (a Rust based Markdown CMS for humans and agents) and reaching a level, where the product can...
New
Cetagl
Seeking a freelance coder to build an internal operator desk application. Core setup: Pure Electron + TypeScript + React build (zero p...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New