alvinkatojr

alvinkatojr

The many fallacies of 'AI won't take your job, but someone using AI will'

This was/is a great read that counters the common “woe is me” fear of AI.

Author knows his stuff and breaks down the 8 fallacies tied to the topic. No spoilers, this “short” article is worth a read.

Most Liked

gflashner

gflashner

There will also be a lot of AI applications in the near future, especially if they can make AI models require much less resources.

AstonJ

AstonJ

We now have an AI category to help you :003:

AstonJ

AstonJ

I do agree that using AI as a ‘tool’ will be advantageous, even if just as a way to remind yourselves about things - which is actually great for mw as it complements my learning style, where I try to read as much as I can about a language or framework I am learning just so I know what’s possible with it, and then when I need to refresh my memory on something I just google or look through my notes or refer back to the book. Now you can ask AI to refresh your memory by giving it a much more specific question.

Plus AI is still in its infancy, imagine where it will be 10, 20, 30 years from now…

(Maybe we need an AI predictions thread! Go on, do the honours Alvin :icon_razz:)

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

New
AstonJ
Well done DeepMind… wonder what else they’re working on… One of biology’s biggest mysteries has been solved using artificial intelligen...
New
First poster: CommunityNews
A new computer program fashioned after artificial intelligence systems like AlphaGo has solved several open problems in combinatorics and...
New
First poster: bot
Building games and apps entirely through natural language using OpenAI’s code-davinci model. TL;DR: OpenAI has a new code generating mod...
New
First poster: CommunityNews
Steve Blank Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning– Explained. Artificial Intelligence is a once-in-a lifetime commercial and defe...
New
First poster: bot
AI video editor can recognize objects, people, and sounds, allowing editing via text.
New
First poster: CommunityNews
OpenJourney is a Text-to-Image AI model which has the goal of bringing an open source equivalent to Midjourney to the people. It is curre...
New
CommunityNews
Cursor 1.0 brings BugBot for code review, a first look at memories, one-click MCP setup, Jupyter support and general availability of Back...
New
First poster: chris.johan
Stop vibe-coding blindly! Why reading AI-generated code is crucial in 2025. Avoid security flaws, architectural decay, and knowledge loss...
New
CommunityNews
OpenPCC is an open-source framework for provably private AI inference, inspired by Apple’s Private Cloud Compute but fully open, auditabl...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
AstonJ
Or looking forward to? :nerd_face:
503 15149 280
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New