CommunityNews
Reflections on my first completed application in OCaml
Reflections on my first completed application in OCaml.
Greetings! I’m a new OCaml user. The intent of this post is simply to share my experience thus far in OCaml and hopefully generate some casual conversation about how other community users think about & use OCaml. What do I hope to get from this post? Critiques, affirmation, tips, whatever. I learned OCaml alone, in a bubble, during pandemic lockdown. Was my experience the classic OCaml learning experience, or was it unique in some way? I’m hoping to garner feedback from other community members. …
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our automated news source trackers.
First Post!
bot
- Corresponding tweet for this thread:
- Share link for this tweet.
Popular Backend topics
New
When I need to configure something in a complicated way, I find myself reviewing the embedded language that provided the server to create...
New
We all know how to teach recursion. We’ve done it for decades. We pick some honored, time-tested examples—Fibonacci numbers and factorial...
New
Such inflammatory, much wow. Unfortunately, Haskell itself agrees.
Some languages naturally lend themselves towards adoption. Some don’t...
New
Why Zig When There is Already C++, D, and Rust?
No hidden control flow
No hidden allocations
First-class support for no standard library...
New
The Race to Replace C & C++.
Three expert compiler writers sit down to discuss moving beyond C and C++
This thread...
New
Once a year, I look back at the recent developments in the PHP world, and also look forward to what’s to come. And just like in 2020 and ...
New
The perspective of an ignorant computer science undergrad
It’s likely that you read the title of this post and thought “what is this guy ...
New
This was posted on the Elixir Forum and thought it was worth sharing here!
I love how the excitement of the author shines through and I ...
New
When DoorDash approached the limits of what our Django-based monolithic codebase could support, we needed to design a new stack that woul...
New
Other popular topics
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting:
asdf install erlang 23.1.2
Configure failed.
checking ...
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
New
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









