quatermain

quatermain

Guide how to make Hybrid search with Elixir and PostgreSQL

Hi,
I wrote longer article about multiple approaches for search in PostgreSQL and Ecto/Elixir. There are example in SQL and also in Ecto syntax.
I tried to describe main possible options for full text search, Semantic search with OpenAI Embeddings and later combinations of those approaches. Also I mentioned some hints, tricks and a lot of links to some interesting readings. To give readers also another options than PostgreSQL I mentioned some other services/systems which can be used.

Search is not magic with PostgreSQL

https://blog.ideax.sk/search-is-not-magic-with-postgresql-613069cb2f21

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

First poster: bot
Such inflammatory, much wow. Unfortunately, Haskell itself agrees. Some languages naturally lend themselves towards adoption. Some don’t...
New
paulanthonywilson
I had a bit of a mini-adventure following Sobelow’s advice on adding a CSP to a Phoenix App. If you want to follow along, or want to add ...
New
First poster: bot
Django 3.2 is just around the corner and it’s packed with new features. Django versions are usually not that exciting (it’s a good thing!...
New
First poster: AstonJ
They expect you to make a onepage application (SPA) The polaris design system officially only supports react Integration with the s...
New
First poster: bot
Like, on a scale from c to rust? issue c zig (release-safe) rust (release) out-of-bounds heap read/write none runtime runtime ...
New
First poster: bot
Just a small test with lists in cython. Considering echosystem, multithreading and ease of use, Julia is a clear winner here.
New
CommunityNews
Functional programming is an increasing popular programming paradigm with many languages building or already supporting it. Go already su...
New
First poster: bot
I’ve been more serious about learning Rust recently, after dragging on with passive learning for a while. My first real programming langu...
New
tonyxrandall
As DoorDash transitioned from Python monolith to Kotlin microservices, our engineering team was presented with a lot of opportunities to ...
New
GoulvenClech
Hi everyone :wave: I’m excited to share an article detailing how we have reorganized our Elixir/Phoenix project’s directory structure. W...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New