AstonJ

AstonJ

Do you find you work (/code) better at night?

Stealing this graphic that @ohm posted in another thread:

I personally find that I work much better at night, when there are far fewer distractions - less emails, notifications on my phone, tel calls, posts on forums even.

I also think ‘the sleepy brain’ may something to do with it too (where basically, at a level of tiredness you can’t multi-task as easily, meaning you are forced to focus on one thing) - these articles cover it well:

What about you? When do you feel you work best? :upside_down_face: :zzz:

Most Liked

dwaynebradley

dwaynebradley

It is quiet at night after everyone else goes to bed! Plus, considering that I am NOT a morning person, nighttime is when I get to read, catch-up, play with new stuff, etc. :grin:

herminiotorres

herminiotorres

I am consider a morning person, so I like to spend my time working and doing before night coming. I often few tired and low energy, and I do something really dummy to relax the rest of the day. Likewise, I deactivated almost my notification in desktop and mobile to avoid killed my focus time.

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

I definitely work better at night, because the little one is asleep then. ^.^;

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
What chair do you have while working… and why? Is there a ‘best’ type of chair or working position for developers?
New
AstonJ
If you could work on any project, what would it be? :upside_down_face:
New
chasekaylee
I’ve been using the classic notebook to-do list, but I’m curious to hear what awesome tools are out there that I am not aware of. I’m alw...
New
AstonJ
Inspired by this tweet by @dasdom Even if you take out all the damage being done by humans, our planet has about 50B years before bein...
New
AstonJ
Do you think it’s worth worrying about? Do you think it’s going to be an even bigger issue in future? If so what can the teams of smaller...
New
AstonJ
Maybe a specific language or framework? Or a book or tool perhaps? What’s made your life easier and what do you think could make the live...
New
AstonJ
Just wondering whether you have a preference (I know I do!) poll
New
AstonJ
00:00 The Year 2022 00:38 Web3 03:28 Metaverse 05:05 AI 06:22 Databases 07:31 JavaScript 09:58 Other Trends to Know WDYT - what wi...
New
DevotionGeo
For me it’s six to seven steps above complete dark, on MacBook Air M1.
New
AstonJ
Thought this would be a nice way to start the year - have you seen or written a function (or method) or piece of code that you are partic...
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New