CommunityNews
Creating a macOS Droplet with AppleScript
Made a small video today showing the creation of a macOS Droplet using AppleScript. I made it just for fun, and because I realised that many new mac users have not been exposed to AppleScript before.
Article here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Macos topics
Apple Silicon M1: A Developer’s Perspective.
The excitement around Apple’s new M1 chip is everywhere. I bought a MacBook Air 16GB M1 to ...
New
Safari supports WebGPU experimentally with WSL kernels. I wrote a simple tuner that tries to optimize matrix multiplication. If you have ...
New
Swift 5.5 is here with Xcode 13 Beta and with it comes my favorite new addition to Swift: Async/Await.
Async/await is a high level, stru...
New
Apple Makes OS X Lion and Mountain Lion Free to Download.
Apple recently dropped the $19.99 fee for OS X Lion and Mountain Lion, making ...
New
First Look: macOS Monterey Public Beta.
If there’s a theme of Apple’s operating-system releases in 2021, it’s platform unification. This...
New
Until its recent demise, Internet Explorer was the browser hated most by web developers.
Internet Explorer is now a thing of the past, r...
New
Airyx™ is a new open-source desktop operating system that aims to provide a similar experience and compatibiilty with macOS® on x86-64 sy...
New
The release of M1 Macs marked a turning point for the open-source operating system community on Apple hardware. Now, the whole hardware s...
New
I’m a bit of a sustainability nerd. I love the idea of living a life where your carbon footprint is neutral (or negative) and you leave t...
New
macOS has a wonderful input mechanism where you press and hold a key on your keyboard to display the accent menu. It’s easy to internaliz...
New
Other popular topics
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
New
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework.
Brian Okken @brianokken
Edited by Kat...
New
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread.
While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
Jan | Rethink the Computer.
Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code.
...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /deepseek
- /ash
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









