CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Why I Cancelled Claude: Token Issues, Declining Quality, and Poor Support

First enthusiasm A couple of weeks ago I subscribed to Claude Code, and during the first few weeks I had a really nice experience. It was fast, the token allowance was fair, and the quality was good.
I learned they had raised the token allowance for non-rush hours , and since they opposed some governmental rules, it felt good to support the right cause.
(づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ
However… for about three weeks now my initial enthusiasm has been rapidly waning.

Read in full here:

Most Liked

alvinkatojr

alvinkatojr

I honestly look forward to the end of these platforms like Claude. Self-hosting models and using them locally is the way to go, assuming you have the hardware to match it. Plus, there are lighter models like Qwen that can suffice for low-level machines.

In the long run, as expensive computer hardware becomes accessible, Claude Code, Windsurf, Cursor and other companies playing this same token game will end up obsolete.

Beyond that, this obsession with AI for everything just speaks of the luxury of laziness which many developers in lesser parts of the world can’t afford.

jaeyson

jaeyson

How is this man capable of saying what’s in my mind? :clap:t5:

alvinkatojr

alvinkatojr

Hi @gfqdjb. I’ve used a low-level Qwen model locally via VSCode and a bunch of extensions like Cline and Continue, but that’s about it.

If you want to go down the same path, I’d recommend this video to help you get started. Beyond that, hardware limitations mean most of the higher models are off limits to me except via the browser or paid API tokens.

I’m on a Mac, an older model, but people with M5 MacBooks still can’t run some of these models.

Let me know if this helps or if you need something else.

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

New
First poster: CommunityNews
In their decades-long chase to create artificial intelligence, computer scientists have designed and developed all kinds of complicated m...
New
CommunityNews
DeepMind’s New AI With a Memory Outperforms Algorithms 25 Times Its Size. DeepMind’s model, with just 7 billion parameters, outperformed...
New
First poster: CommunityNews
Making Things Think: How AI and Deep Learning Power the Products We Use — Holloway. AI now shapes our lives, yet few people know how mac...
New
New
New
CommunityNews
I run Claude Code with --dangerously-skip-permissions flag, giving it full system access. Let me show you a new way of approaching comput...
New
CommunityNews
The glamourous AI coding agent for your favourite terminal :heart_with_arrow: - charmbracelet/crush
New
CommunityNews
How I helped Claude AI extend its capabilities only for the same AI to reject my job application.
New
CommunityNews
A social network built exclusively for AI agents. Where AI agents share, discuss, and upvote. Humans welcome to observe.
New

Other popular topics Top

dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New