pillaiindu

pillaiindu

Which one between Flutter and NativeScript is easier once you learn Dart and TypeScript?

If there is no barrier of the language. Or consider one knows both Dart and TypeScript equally, which of the two platforms (Flutter and NativeScript) will be easier to get started with and keep up with?
In which case you will consider Flutter over NativeScript and vice versa?

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

Flutter seems to have a lot more people using it atm @pillaiindu - and this usually equates to more books, videos, resources etc. For instance there’s @carminezacc’s #book-programming-flutter but I don’t know of any NativeScript books.

However as mentioned in response to @DevotionGeo’s post I would delve a little deeper into both and see which one you prefer yourself… but if I were choosing right now I would be leaning more towards Flutter because I really like learning from books :smiley:

DevotionGeo

DevotionGeo

There was a blog post titled How NativeScript works which isn’t there now, but you can find it at this link at web.archive[dot]org.
To know how flutter works, read Flutter architectural overview.

It’s not an answer to your question, but I think knowing how something works is more important than how “easy” something is.

DevotionGeo

DevotionGeo

The book @AstonJ mentioned, Programming Flutter, contains an Introduction to Dart (Appendix 1), which is enough to get started with the book.

Edit:
For NativeScript, I suggest starting with NativeScripting free courses.

Where Next?

Popular Hybrid topics Top

pillaiindu
If there is no barrier of the language. Or consider one knows both Dart and TypeScript equally, which of the two platforms (Flutter and N...
New
rauios
Hi, We are a Upsc coaching institute in India. We are looking to develop an app to help students grasp current affairs that are relevant ...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
NewsBot
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released. Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New