CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Vibe code warning (written by human)

About 80% of the code is vibe coded; The readme is almost completely generated (except the whole vibe-code-warning section). I spent many nights with the oscilloscope and the docs and made a working prototype that was able ti do sba/read/write regs and do abstract commands and progbuf, the rest was done with claude code. The tests are quite comprehensive test suite and I use the core of the library in my own projects, but, as they say, “hic sunt dracones”. I also read the readme and the code didn’t notice anything wrong (and removed the wrong/unclear parts).

This project was my casestudy of vibecoding a more complicated project that I dont understand 100% and there is no obvious existing code that can be “used”. It started as ~1000 loc that I have written and knew very well, reading the rp2350, arm swd and riscv debug docs, capturing data with oscilloscope and openocd then decoding it and analyzing the wakeup sequence and then read/write commands. After I got it working I gave it to claude to make it into a library that I can use in other projects, and then I slowly built it up.

Read in full here:

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

First poster: bot
NVIDIA Doubles Down: Announces A100 80GB GPU, Supercharging World’s Most Powerful GPU for AI Supercomputing. SC20—NVIDIA today unveiled ...
New
First poster: CommunityNews
Now that DeepMind has taught AI to master the game of Go—and furthered its advantage in chess—they’ve turned their attention to another b...
New
First poster: bot
DeepMind’s AI helps untangle the mathematics of knots. The machine-learning techniques could benefit other areas of maths that involve l...
New
First poster: alvinkatojr
Klarna CEO says the company stopped hiring a year ago because AI ‘can already do all of the jobs’. Klarna CEO Sebastian Siemiatkowski sa...
New
alvinkatojr
This was/is a great read that counters the common “woe is me” fear of AI. Author knows his stuff and breaks down the 8 fallacies tied to...
New
CommunityNews
I run Claude Code with --dangerously-skip-permissions flag, giving it full system access. Let me show you a new way of approaching comput...
New
First poster: AstonJ
From fear to optimism: why I am convinced AI is worth embracing.
New
CommunityNews
Comparison and ranking the performance of over 100 AI models (LLMs) across key metrics including intelligence, price, performance and spe...
New
First poster: chris.johan
Stop vibe-coding blindly! Why reading AI-generated code is crucial in 2025. Avoid security flaws, architectural decay, and knowledge loss...
New
CommunityNews
Claude Code is an agentic coding tool that lives in your terminal, understands your codebase, and helps you code faster by executing rout...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New